Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:27:21 PM

Author Topic: re: Mach-3 for a lathe  (Read 18195 times)

re: Mach-3 for a lathe
« on: April 07, 2007, 06:09:26 PM »
Hello
I am in the need of some help i am trying to connect my PC up to my CNC lathe the machine is now under power running a flash cut signal generator so i know it works as i have used it to cut a few parts but now i wish to switch it over to MAch-3 i have a CNC4PC CG-11 board and i have connected the gecko drives as outlined in the 4PC manual and per Arturo's information but i do not get anything from the software no Jog nothing but re-connecting the system back up to the flash cut generator it works fine.
  I have gone into the Config/ motor outputs and i think i have it right assigned the pins 2 for Step X and 3 for Dir just trying to get one axis going before moving on to the next am i missing something? anyone had any problems with these boards?

Thanks for any help
Rg's
Dennis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: re: Mach-3 for a lathe
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »
Dennis, can you post your xml file? I have also sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
Make sure you have the correct port on the motor output page for both step and direction
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 09:28:02 PM »
Hello Brett
Wow thanks for the quick reply, i have discovdered that one of the power transistors has burnt so there is a problem with the 4Pc board to which i will have to contact them on  monday to get replaced or repaired.
  as to the correct port for the motor isn't that set in the output and config page for the pins i thought i had that set up but maybe i don't where should i look for that set up?

Thanks
Rg's
Dennis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:37:55 PM »
The port settings for the motors are in config, ports and pins, motor outputs.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 12:29:19 PM »
hi  Brett
Yes, i did set that up but the result was the same i realy think the board is bad it lost a power transistor it overheaterd and bubbled i am in contact with Arturo from 4PC about what to do next with the board.
Is there any other setting's i need to know about?

rg's
Dennis
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »
Hello Bret
 Will here i go again recieved my new board today and i am trying to figure out the connection to it i have it connected  to the computer but still nothing moving where are the jog controls in Mach-3 maybe what ia m looking at is not the jog control.

Thansk Dennis

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »
Hi Dennis,

have you got the enable part of the C11G wired to 5 volt, if not nothing will move.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 06:23:42 PM »
Hello Graham
 Yes, 5 v common is connected to the enable pin one of the transistors is getting very hot and i don't know why it would be.

Thanks for any help

Dennis
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 06:25:11 PM »
how do you get Mach-3 to jog