Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:06:18 PM

Author Topic: Limits work but not when homing.  (Read 2807 times)

Limits work but not when homing.
« on: January 12, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
Hi

When I test my limits all of them work. It seems so far my z limit will work as a home switch
When the next home move is made for the Y axis it does not trigger. This was all working at one time. I don`t believe
when I added the smooth stepper I ever homed the machine. Am wondering if homing has to besetup in
the config file for the SS.

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Limits work but not when homing.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 02:30:56 PM »
I notice your X axis has a home separate switch  configured rather than sharing the limits. Is that the way it is wired? 
You also seem to be sharing the X home switch with the A axis Limits and Home, is that correct?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 04:21:09 PM »
Hi Hood
Thanks for helping. I rewired my limits and they are wired in series for the + and -
directions for both the z and y axis. The X has two limits on a separate circuit.
Some of this inputs I never changed myself when I purchased Bob Campbells BOB
he provided a xlm file. Its possible a few of the setting are incorrect. I tried setting
all the inputs for the z and y to the same input number. Then ran the homing still
seems to not recognize the y limit. The z still works as normal.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:55:47 AM »
Ok if you do not have A axis then disable the home and limits for it.
Then go to the diagnostics page and then press the home switch for each axis and make sure the correct LEDs light up. In other words when you press the x axis Home switch that the M1 Home LED lights up, same for Y and Z.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:45:36 AM »
Hi Hood
The tests on the diagnostics  page show no change in status of the limits when
they are clicked on. Tried them all ...no change. I have LEDs on my BOB no change
in the LEDs when limits are clicked. I do see the smoothstepper LED change when I click on a limit.
Could this be a SS config issue.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 01:49:21 PM »
It sounjds like you may just have the port and pin numbers configured incorrectly in Mach.
 I cant remember what the ESS plugin diagnostics show but think it tells you the pin number, if it does then you should be able to press a switch and see what it is and then set that in Mach.
Hood