Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:39:52 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Appears to not handle non-printable characters in Ascii files.  (Read 7871 times)

Re: Mach 3 Appears to not handle non-printable characters in Ascii files.
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:06 AM »
Tweaky,,,,

Your quote ".....but at the end of the day it all comes down to what we think works best for us!"....and what about what's best for the customer? your quote shows a total disregard for your customers....Hopefully, this is not the view our your senior management who I will contact regarding this.

My name is Reuben not "Ruben/Rubin..."... In the end it's about attention to attention to detail...that makes a company a success!

Reuben M. Prichard Jr.... A person that FULLY understands software, Quality processes, and the software development cycle

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:35 AM »
Hi Reuben,

Mach4 has already been released http://www.machsupport.com/software/mach4/ and some of us are using it successfully despite the understandable delay in getting all the external motion controller software’s up to full functionality. It all takes time, and it is still early days yet, but it will get there in the end.

As for your particular problem of the non-recognizable characters – perhaps if you used a CAD / CAM software which has a Mach3 post –processor you would not have to resort to ‘cleaning’ the Gcode files before passing them to Mach3. Just a thought.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 08:10:32 AM »
Tweakie..... Please spell my name correctly!...

Just fix the problem...and stop trying to deflect the solution to some body else...It's your problem (Artsoft) not another company.

REUBEN.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 08:28:15 AM »
Tweakie doesn't work for Artsoft. (and neither do I or most other moderators here.)

But just think of the ramifications... I wasted three hours of my time

In 10 years, this is the first time this issue has ever come up, to my  knowledge.

And Mach3 is no longer being developed, and bugs are no longer being fixed. The last update was over 2 years ago.

Fwiw, there are actually far more important bugs that yours in Mach3 that will never be fixed either.

And I think that just about all CNC control software comes with a disclaimer that it's the user's responsibility to verify that the g-code they are using is correct.

Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 08:30:37 AM »
Sorry Reuben but this discussion is getting nowhere.
If you fail to listen to advice then I suggest you go elsewhere.

I do not represent Artsoft, I am just a moderator on their forum.

For my part I use non-standard Mcodes such as M10/M11 and M62/M63 and in all cases I have to modify the CAD / CAM post-processors that I use. It's no big deal - I don't have your years of experience, in fact I don't have your years, but post-processors are easy enough to modify if it solves the situation. Why don't you just do the same ??

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:31 AM »
I'd love to respond but I'm busy writing an email to New Fangled Solutions in Livermore Maine..

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 08:33:16 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 10:01:44 AM »
Mr. Reuben M. Prichard Jr,

Your qualifications are impressive and talents can surely be used here. I hope you would consider contributing additional
suggestions in a positive manner. Maybe have a look at Lua Programming as that will be used for Mach4. The Mach
community of users always benefits from another users talent.

Good show on an email to Artsoft and hopefully they will add it to their list of things to do for Mach4.
That is a positive action.

By all means post any programs that would assist users.

BTW, Mach has developed over the years via concerns, desires, and suggestions provided by some 25,000 users.
There are "bugs" or limitations in the program. Tweakie's assistance has been helpfull to many users,
maybe it didn't satisfy what you wanted, no need to get on him for that.

As for spelling of your name incorrectly...lighten up my friend!  this poor Lithvac's name is crucified ever day......
and I have never experienced a Six Sigma Black Belt or Master get sniffy over spelling!
Nor my refusal to bow to them....they earned my respect and and many never got it!

Enjoy the site, contribute out of the goodness for giving to others as that is self reward you will come to cherish.

RICH