Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:36 PM

Author Topic: MACH4 Tangential Knife  (Read 6554 times)

MACH4 Tangential Knife
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:47:12 AM »
Does anyone know if the tangential knife functipn is implemented in MACH4 and if it is already working with ESS?
Thanks

Dani

PS I would love to test it by my self but my wife is soon in labour and thus it is a bad time for me to take some CNC time... ;-)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: MACH4 Tangential Knife
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:23:02 AM »
Not yet Dani, we need to wait a while longer.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 05:35:48 PM »
Thanks Tweakie. Hope it's not a too long way to go, as it is one of those things which didn't work to the full satisfaction in MACH3 and always needed some work around.

Never the less I will start to work with MACH4 anyway, as I think this is the right way to go!

Dani
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
Hi Tweakie

Any news about tangential control within MACH4?

Thanks

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 01:44:21 AM »
Hi Dani,

I really have no idea.  :'(

I decided to take a back seat with regard to using Mach4 and wait a while for everything to get sorted out. This process seems to be taking a lot longer than I had envisaged so I now don't plan on using Mach4, at least within the next year or so.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2015, 03:23:46 AM »
Hi

I´m building a tangential knife cutter, does anyone know if Mach4 has a tangential control yet?

Thanks so much
Jack
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 02:58:35 PM »
Hi Jack

Not yet. This is what they wrote me in Oktober about this:

Hello Dani, we are still in the development stages and we are hoping to have it ready for release after the first of the year. Best regards Jim.

James Dingus Jr.
Tech support staff
To learn the answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions please visit our FAQs page at http://www.machsupport.com/help-learning/f-a-q/

I hope that they take their time and make great tangential function - then it's worth to wait...

Dani
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
I too am waiting for this feature to be implemented before switching to Mach4.  The tangential knife support in Mach3 is buggy as hell, but at least it is there.  Sort of, when the moon is properly aligned with Saturn.  I sure hope they get this working right in version 4, I'm getting really tired of having my work trashed when Mach mysteriously decides to rotate the knife in the opposite direction than it should, even after correctly running he same g-code many times in a row and rotating it the correct direction each time.  I'm a programmer myself, and let me tell you it is not very easy to get computers to behave randomly.  They are logical machines that do exactly what you tell them and are very good at doing the exact same thing over and over, so getting a program to occasionally make random mistakes while doing the exact same operation over and over is quite an accomplishment.  Then again, I've had loose connections on the driver board also cause this same problem of motors turning the wrong direction.

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 07:44:57 AM »
Hi

How to adjust the Lift Z parameter ???

Thanks