Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:16:22 AM

Author Topic: Mod-bus over TCP/IP and..............  (Read 7085 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Mod-bus over TCP/IP and..............
« on: April 06, 2007, 09:03:12 AM »
Yeap, make a way to do Mod-bus over TCP/IP (this would be a fast known standard, with out practical distance limits), You may have a 100Mhz ether or 1Ghz ether. But you could address your Mod-bus I/O with an IP address, (like the G-rex).

Along with the above, perhaps if your doing a larger faster system, (and thus have a faster computer), perhaps a "Plug in" that would allow you to increase Machs scan time.

This link:  http://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=243

Shows a dual PCI parrallel port card that runs at 4.5Mbs!!! Since "Normal" hardware Parrallel ports have been the rate limiting factor on machs Ring 0 running frequency, perhaps a card like this would allow an increase of 3-4 times the current top speed. You can also software address the Ports to the "Standard" bios range 378, and the others.

I think the above port would give a huge speed advantage, that would work with the old familure PP ports and pins. It is priced reasonable as well.

If you could increase your scan time (via plug iin and faster computer), Mob-bus speed (for fast reacting interupt from PLC etc.), and of course pulse speed, you could move to faster and/or higher encouder count per rev machines..........

Just something to wish for.........

Scott
fun times
Re: Mod-bus over TCP/IP and..............
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:55 PM »
I'm very interested in Modbus over ethernet, i like try connect Mach3 to a PLC of Beckhoff, y have many PLC's of Beckhoff BC9000 Ethernet, BC7300 Modbus RTU, CX1000 and CX9000. I prefeed connect in Modbus over TCP, I don't know if this plugging is available.

Thanks...

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Mod-bus over TCP/IP and..............
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:53:52 PM »
HIYA Scott years ago we tested a mach version with a MUCH higher scanrate. It was a rocketship as far as I/O.

I think there were problems with getting all the moduals to synch up or display problems or ???   Never heard mention of it after that.

(;-) TP