Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:53:20 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys57E motion problem  (Read 31088 times)

Pokeys57E motion problem
« on: January 03, 2015, 01:23:37 AM »
Currently, I have motion problem as shown in video clip below. I use Mach3 R3.043.066 with pokeys57E  plugin v3.1.42 and v3.1.17.
The motion path would jump off G-code path and step signal was also jerking, the problem can happen at any time, sometime I could run G-code cross.tap for 2 or 3 times before symptom arrive.
I use External 4ch without IO and with other features like LCD, PWM, Encoder and PoExtBus
I tried to locate the bug by changing configurations such as
- change plugin version
- change notebook computer
- change OS between Windows 7 and  XP
- turn on and off LCD, PWM, and Encoder
So far I have no luck.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHBNZ0Nvn5o?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHBNZ0Nvn5o?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

The CNCRoom.com, the place where Industrial Hobbyists can talk and trade!
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: Pokeys57E motion problem
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:27:06 AM »
How do you have your network configured? Open PoKeys status window (there is a button for IO status window in plugin settings) and observe the progress bar below - does it stay green?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:51:10 AM »
I set them as fixed ip address, computer is 192.168.123.12, Pokeys57E is 192.168.123.13 both subnet mask is 255.255.255.000
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Il5IkXuCVk4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Il5IkXuCVk4?hl=en_US&amp;amp;version=3&amp;amp;rel=0</a>
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 06:46:56 AM »
Is there any other application accessing the device at the same time?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
Nop, only mach3 and Pokeys Plugin is running on the notebook computer.
I also did a clean up as suggested in http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28213.0.html

I also did a fresh installation for mach3 and Pokeys software on new notebook computer and it gave same problem.
However, I might try them on desktop computer. I don't know what environment of this plugin is developed in, which made software behaves differently between yours and mine.
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 01:35:35 PM »
What speeds have you configured in Mach3 motor configuration?
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:15:01 PM »
steps per unit is 2500
velocity is 1600
acceleration is 300

I connected a servo driver to y axis and put it on workbench, rather on real machine.
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »
Did you try doing a dry run (without the drivers attached)? Is PoKeys connected to a network or are you using a direct connection with your PC?
We executed more than 10 consecutive runs of the same file now and there were no issues.
Re: Pokeys57E motion problem - Solved
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 03:04:03 AM »
Hi Matevž,

I think I found a suitable environment for Mach3 R3.043.066 and Pokeys57E plugin v3.1.42. below was an experiment that I did.

I went to my desktop computer, installed all needed software and tried them. After several testing, there's NO symptom of bad motion. I noticed that PC has only single network card.
I came back to my previous two notebooks and disabled wireless network then tried them. Surprisingly, I found a solution. (at least for the time being)

At this point, I think that the sub-network of wireless is different than other two devices and causes the problem. Or there are some of other things which I don't know and I hope that you guys can find out and solve it permanently.

I connect Pokesy57E directly to Ethernet port with single cable, not through switching hub.
Yes, mostly I do the dry run, I have 2 LED attached to show step/direction signals, there is no interference issue.

thank you,
Weerasak

« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 03:10:50 AM by Weerasak »
www.cncroom.com/forum

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 03:07:44 AM »
Do you have any firewall software installed?