Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 10:26:24 AM

Author Topic: Z-axis goes deeper dan indicated by G-code file  (Read 2364 times)

Z-axis goes deeper dan indicated by G-code file
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:44:29 PM »
I have a strange problem with Z-axis controle.
When I load in the G-code file everything looks normal, Z-range is between +12 and -18.29 as expected.
When Mach runs the file, Z-axix goes deeper than -18.29, it goes down to -19.********* so I stopped the machine in order not to damage the fixture.
The indication on the Z dro is consistent withZ-axix positions, so it indicates -19.********* as well, so no calibrating problem.
All offsets are 0.
It's a fresh installation ( a few weeks) and the tool is a straight MDF one with square edges.
X and Y seems to be normal.
The same problem occurs with another G-file where it goes over 2mm deeper than it should, again I stopped the machine.
Again DRO indication and Z position are consistent. Retracts are too low so the tool hits allready milled areas on aproaching the end of the job.
Re: Z-axis goes deeper dan indicated by G-code file
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 04:56:21 AM »
It seems like there is a scale factor involved but all scaling is set to 1. There is no G50 or G51 in the file.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 11:13:35 AM »
Seems to be no explanation for this he.
It's a HSR file from solidcam and I have run several dummy runs of it. I can see during the run that the Z-axis goes deeper than the line with the Z-instruction coming by.
In other words the machine doesn't follow the Z-instruction and does it's own way so to speek. I don't see any possible way such thing can happen and according the
massive respons on this no one does.
Only Z-axis, the other 2 behave correct.
DRO  is consistent with position and not with the instruction.
Manual z-position inputs behave correct (z50 z0 z50 z0 z50 z30 z0....)

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 02:39:45 AM »
Hi Wadero,

If it would be of any help to you - zip and post a copy of the Gcode which has the problem I will run it and see if the problem occurs here.

DRO  is consistent with position and not with the instruction.

One possible explanation is that you are mixing G90 / G91 commands in an incorrect manner.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:35 AM »
I've been able to solve the problem by making a clean installation AND configuration of Mach 3.....for now.
The problem was not in the file I believe because the problem appeared with several files.
Probably some configuration bit that got out of the corner.

Thanks for offering your help anyway, I hope it stays on it's feet.