Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 11:02:18 AM

Author Topic: Cs-lab ordering  (Read 4151 times)

Cs-lab ordering
« on: December 27, 2014, 01:10:25 PM »
Hi all getting ready to place an order with
Cs-lab, and have a couple questions for
Those have ordered and shipped to the USA.
How do they ship, ups, mail, ect....
Any import taxes?
Generally any problems ect...
Thanks

Offline mmoe

•  23 23
    • View Profile
Re: Cs-lab ordering
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 02:24:50 PM »
Between my own shipment, and the shipments that some those I've recommended CS Labs to locally here in Seattle have ordered, the time frame to get the controller has been as if they were shipped in the US by regular mail (as a comparison). As I recall, it took about 4 or 5 days, which was stunning considering the distance. The others I know also got their orders in less than a week every time. I can't say it will be exactly the same for you, but I don't think you'll be disappointed in the shipping time.

I recall the box coming via UPS, but it's been a while. There was no duty/taxes required, but that did surprise me since it was a pretty substantial order (IP-A plus 4 I/O Modules). I would plan that it may happen, since UPS often seems to collect for this kind of shipment. I was never told by others if they had to pay duty, and since a couple of them aren't used to ordering parts like this in, I'm pretty sure they would have complained about it if there was an additional fee on arrival. None of them had an order bigger than just a IP-S or IP-A, and a couple were IP-M's, so smaller orders on the whole.

The one thing I'll say is that the shipping is a bit expensive. Not a complaint really, but you just should plan ahead on your order. If you are on the fence about getting an I/O module, or the MPG module, I'd recommend adding it to the order. As I recall, the shipping was about the same, if not exactly the same, for just the IP-A as it was for the IP-A and the 4 I/O modules, and if you want one I/O module or the MPG module later, it will add about $80 (last I checked). Better to just order it up front and save on the shipping cost of a second shipment given how much it costs to ship. I still regret not adding the MPG to my order since it would add quite a bit to the cost of the MPG to order one now. I'll get one eventually, but not until I have a more substantial order to place.

Otherwise, they ship very well. The packaging is really good and it arrives very fast given the distance. No complaints at all.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »
Pitch black,

I recieved my shipment in about a week. Order was processed in a very timely fashion. Best I remember it was shipped global express. Once stateside I lost tracking info, but recieved the item Ups shortly after.  I did receive a bill from global express where they charged me an extra $45.00 for walking it through customs. I was so happy with the product I gladly paid it. If your on the fence about the mpg module , I'll say it's worth every penny.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 07:52:56 PM »
thanks for the info.
did make and order with them last week and its in new York all ready. it was shipped via TNT never head of them before,
but so far so good. I think they pass it on to ups but not sure. will post up info when all Is done, maybe help someone else
that is on the fence with ordering with cs-lab
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 01:13:10 AM »
Hi Pitch,

I recently made and received an order for an IP-A, along with an MPG module, MPG pendant and 24v PS. Order came to 1k euros. Just today I got a bill from TNT for $60 for duty and handling. Is this legit? I'm curious if you had the same experience.

Thanks!
Mike
Santa Barbara, CA
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 02:48:18 AM »
No I never got a bill from tnt. But think read somewhere that some have.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 11:50:04 PM »
Thanks Pitch,

Just unlucky I guess... Amount was reasonable considering I paid ZERO sales tax... Hope your upgrade went well. I'm knee deep into my retro-fit now and the difficult parts are figuring out the existing wiring in the cabinet since I'm using original servo amps along with the existing relays and limit switches... Making progress however and it's all fun...

Mike