Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:28:59 PM

Author Topic: Brain that activate laser when spindle goes negative Z?  (Read 6992 times)

Brain that activate laser when spindle goes negative Z?
« on: December 25, 2014, 05:55:38 PM »
Hi! I have mounted a relay that goes on and off using code M08 for ON and M09 for OFF (coolent on/off). When I want to start the laser I put M08 in my g-code. But that solution gives a lot of manual editing. It have to be another way to control the relay? I have seen some solutions on Youtube that use the negative Z for switching the relay on (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmx0OxR8EMg). Is that possible using brain, and is there some example code to learn from?

Regards / Jimmy

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Brain that activate laser when spindle goes negative Z?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 06:56:29 PM »
what do you wont the laser to do
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 11:19:43 AM »
Hi! I want to turn the laser on and off, depending on the position off the spindle. A positive value turn the laser off (M09) and a negative value turn the laser on (M08). The relay I use to control the laser is connected to the breakout card (P14 and +5V).

Regards / Jimmy

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »
have a search through here for what you wont it there
you could also do changes to your post processor to add a M8 at start and M9 at end
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »
Hi! I have done a search at the forum but can't find what I'm looking for. Right now I do it manually in the post precessing, but my question was about if this could be done with a brain.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 03:57:40 PM »
there are easier ways of doing what you wont to do search for laser on off
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:35:00 AM »
Ok, now I made a Brain that switch the laser on and off depending if the Z axis is positive or negative. It's a simple and fast solution. Now I need to figure out a way of turning the laser off in both positive AND negative Z value until I hit start i Mach3. Is there a command for start and stop?