Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:34:03 AM

Author Topic: why my lazycam create cam file with hight z?  (Read 2971 times)

why my lazycam create cam file with hight z?
« on: December 13, 2014, 07:50:15 AM »
Hello people..

if I would like the lazycam create low z how I can change this vector? Because it make z hight level (60) and it's take long time to arrive this vector and when it down its take long time?
How to change the z position in lazycam??

Thanks
best regards!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: why my lazycam create cam file with hight z?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:10 AM »
Have a look in the LazyCam Manual. You can change the origin and you can set the Z ( Tutorial #6) .

RICH
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:59:52 AM »
Hello RICH
First of all thanks you about your help, i'm appreciate it!
This step i have to do it every time i enter the lazycam or it will be all time for the same setting? or the same z height?
Thanks so much!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:36:12 PM »
One must define to the software what will be machined and how they want to machine something for each machining
step. Basicaly there are no defaults other than those on importing of the dxf file.

Please read the manual.

RICH
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »
Ok man thanks you so much, I will repeat reading the manual user.

another thing I would like to ask you Rich if you have a free time to help me, how I can configure my lazycam or mach3 to adding  something that when it finsh my workproject to return to the home position without to press anything?

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 01:11:27 PM »
Add  a G28  or G28.1 code to the gcode file. See the Mach manual for definitions and have a look at the text below.
LazyCam dosen't provide for a G28.

RICH

SOME INFO ON GETTING HOME

Machine Home (zero)
 Can be set by switches,
OR REhome Button if you have no switches,
OR is set by mach when you OPEN it to the current position
OR can be zeroed to a postion via CB
OR rumored to be settable via #vars 5161-5166 (untested as yet)

Moves to get to machine home,

G53 X0 Y0 Z0 ------- Makes a straight traverse run to Machine Zero

With G30 ALL axis go home
G30 --------------------- Makes a straight traverse move to machine zero
G30 Z0 ------------------Makes a single Z move to Zero THEN all AXIS make a straight traverse move to Machine zero
G30 Z0 X0--------------Makes a Straight traverse move to Z0 X0 then all axis makes a straight traverse move to machine zero
ETC,ETC

Local Home(G28), Is an offset from Machine ZERO.  With G28 without defined axis all axis goes home in the order of Z then all the rest. USED with a defined axis ONLY the defined axis goes home via the intermediate point.

It can be the same as Machine zero or different as defined

Moves to get to Local Home

G28 ----------------- Raises Z first then makes straight traverse moves in XY to Local Home(LH)
G28 Z-1 ------------ Single axis move to intermediate point(-1.000) and then goes to Z0. Z axis ONLY goes to LH
G28 Z0 X0 --------  ONLY the defined AXIS will go to LH UNDEFINED axis remain as is . Makes a straight traverse move in ZX to 0 then ZXmoves in a   straight traverse move to LH.
ETC,ETC

Part HOME ( Part Origin, X0Y0 Z0)

G0 Z0 X0Y0 ----------------- Makes a straight traverse RAPID move to Z0 X0Y0
G1 Z0 X0 Y0 ---------------- Makes a straight traverse FEERATE move to Z0 X0 Y0

Fixture Home   

G55 G0 Z0 X0 Y0  -------- Swithes the Fixture offset then goes to X0 Y0 Z0 as straight traverse move at rapid speed
G56 G1 Z0 X0 Y0 F100 --------- Swithes the fixture offset then goes to X0 Y0 Z0 as straight traverse move at feedrate speed

You will note that the G28/30 in MACH3 is backwards to FANUC . In the fanuc world the G30 local Homes can be set in the parameters AND there can be MANY etc;  G30 G30.1 G30.2 G30.3 etc,etc

Also the Axis calls in G28/30 are different from each other. In g28 you can call a single axis to home, in G30 ALL axis go home reguardless

Just a thought, (;-)TP

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:26:33 PM by RICH »