Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:20:22 PM

Author Topic: Axis moving after hitting e.stop  (Read 2145 times)

Axis moving after hitting e.stop
« on: December 11, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »
Hi all,

I have nearly completed a retrofit of a knee mill. I am using mitsubishi servos and drives, Smoothstepper, and C32 breakout board. Everything is working as it should. All the axes move when told to move. However, if I hit the e.stop switch or activate it in Mach3 the Z axis begins to move in the Z- direction on its own until i disable to drive or reset the e.stop in mach3. When this happens, there is a voltage reading out of the C32 board for step and direction. This occurs only with the Z axis. Does anyone have any suggestion on what I should check? It may simply be a wiring error on my part, but I can't seem to find any fault. Is there anything within mach3 I should check?

I originally connected everything with a Windows XP desktop computer with boards and wires scattered about. When I confirmed that everything was working (at the time, I didn't have any issue with the Z axis), I began to install the boards and wires in the cabinet. I also transferred the mach3 profile onto a Windows 7 laptop. When everything was reconnected, I tested everything and noticed what I described in the paragraph above. I traced all the wires and double check the settings in mach3. I just cannot figure out what changed. I have attached my XML just in case.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Axis moving after hitting e.stop
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 04:02:46 AM »
Does the Z DRO move in Mach? If not then it is more likely an external issue but also check in the ESS diagnostics. If you have that open then press a limit you should see if the ESS is commanding the Z axis to move.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 03:57:26 PM »
I found the problem... There was a improper solder joint on the C32 as well as a short on direction signal wire for the Z axis. Thanks for the response, Hood.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:03 PM »
glad you got it :)

Hood