Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:02:51 PM

Author Topic: Ethernet Smooth Stepper.  (Read 11810 times)

Re: Ethernet Smooth Stepper.
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »
MM.. looks like maybe I had a bad patch cable..  I swapped to another and it connected first go.

Will keep testing.

The responsiveness is great, just perfect. Push pause and you get a pause.

Still the trajectory planner can be improved, but M4 seems on the right track.

Regards,c

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
Re: Ethernet Smooth Stepper.
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 03:50:37 AM »
You can configure the IP address of the ESS, there is a special 'configurator' program for that. Having a small, isolated network that the ESS and a few other devices is on is OK. What I don't like to see is someone trying to stick it on their home/business network as that just opens the door for a lot problems.

Hi  Jeff,

I ordered the ESS from you and it will be here tomorrow. I purchased MACH4 during the 'pre-buy, but my schedule is slammed so I won't be messing with this stuff for a while and I want to remember to ask about the 'special configurator program' you mentioned.

If 'special' means it is not included in the standard doc pack, then can you please provide the means to acquire that program. I will probably be needing to configure the IPs

Also, I want to subscribe to the most active ESS/Mach4 thread so that I get notices of activity. I'm hoping there is a more active thread than this one that I can monitor.

Thanks!