Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:16 AM

Author Topic: G76 Lathe Theading Problem  (Read 20794 times)

Re: G76 Lathe Theading Problem
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2016, 11:23:54 AM »
Unfortunately I do not have the time to walk you through an entire CNC machine build to help you understand the problem.

What you're essentially saying here is that although others have this working and are willing to help you don't have the time to give them the required info about your system to be able to help you.
Obvious conclusions are that

(i) The software works.
(ii) You're happy to solve the problems without the generous support provided here to the owners of shonky machines.
(iii) You'll need to get the support of whoever built your machine to get it working.

Good luck with that ;-)

- Nick

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2016, 01:58:54 PM »
I tried that but it is too much work and I do not see how that would help.  Maybe you can explain this in more detail.

Sure will, if you will just listen!

If we are both using the generic lathe screen, using the same code generated by the same source, using the same operating system we are on common ground. I can review your configuration, go through basics in a logical order and find where your problem is without guessing. I will add that we don't have to deal with a custom screen set that you are using............haven't the foggiest what was done in that screen set.......just want eliminate many possibilities that a custom screen set can create.

Just offering help to you one more time.........
If you want it just say YES or NO.

If YES, then you have the community at your disposal,  if NO then your on your owne.

What more can one say,

RICH
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
No need to reconfigure for 062, just save a copy of your xml some place else other than the Mach3 folder in case something goes wrong, highly unlikely but best to be safe.
Next run the Mach installer of ver 062, it will overwrite the version you presently have, wait until its finished then open your lathe profile as normal.
If you dont have the settings there for some strange reason just copy the saved xml back to the Mach3 folder, job done.

Hood

I actually tried that but v62 will not recognize my v66 files.  I'll look into again, but luckily I backed up the entire Mach3 folder and I can still run the machine from the new location.  I'll try copying the xml over again.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to walk you through an entire CNC machine build to help you understand the problem.

Perhaps a silly thing to say when you are the one who wants others to spend their time helping you !

Tweakie.

What I was hoping for was a list of possible causes so I can systematically work my way through to (hopefully) find the problem.  I haven't gotten that from him, only criticism.

The only possible suggestion I've received is that v66 is no good.  I find that strange because it is still listed as the recommended download on the NFS site.  Can anyone provide more insight into this?  I'm slightly fearful because it would seem there was a reason to release v66.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2016, 10:47:46 AM »
Hiya Rich, I think you got your answer >:D

(;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »
Jamie,

I take your last reply as a NO.
I wish you well in finding more insight into your problem on your owne.

RICH

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2016, 11:23:41 AM »
Jamie you were talking to one of the foremost experts on Mach3 turn on this site and all you can do is kick him in the teeth ??

Good Luck, (;-) TP
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2016, 03:57:56 PM »
Jamie you were talking to one of the foremost experts on Mach3 turn on this site and all you can do is kick him in the teeth ??

Good Luck, (;-) TP

That is disappointing because he has not been very helpful!

Seems like the "foremost expert" should be able to provide some ideas on the source(s) of the issue I'm having.  However, best advice I have received has come from elsewhere.