Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:52:16 PM

Author Topic: stalling problem  (Read 1821 times)

stalling problem
« on: November 25, 2014, 05:48:18 AM »
hi guys , new here, my name is jim

i have just set up a pc with mach 3 demo, i am in the process of tuninig the motors,  when i press the jog, the motor turns fine foe about 4 or 5 seconds then stalls or has a bump, it does not matter what speed i run the motors, i.e.: fast or slow i still get this "bumP', also on the feed rate window the the numbers dip slightly then go back to the run speed, even if i don't have the motor connected this same thing happens in the feed rate, it sounds like something is interrupting for a fraction of a second , but i have no idea what this is,  when the motors running they are very smooth and quiet until this point, the they.... bump and either stalll or carry on..........i have read some post with a similar problem, but have not found a solution to this......... antbody out there can help with............

best regards

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: stalling problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 05:12:54 AM »
Sounds like you are having issues with the pulsing.
Close Mach3 and then browse to the Mach3 folder on your drive and look for the Drivertest.exe. Double click it and let it run, if the graph has spikes in it then you definitely have pulsing issues. There are steps you can take to try and make it better, you will find them here.
ftp://machsupport.com/Extra%20Information/XP_Optimization_Guide.txt

Hood