Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 12:06:00 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys stopped working  (Read 3282 times)

Pokeys stopped working
« on: November 23, 2014, 03:55:57 AM »
My Pokeys 56U has stopped working. Up until now it has been working fine, but yesterday, halfway through a setup of a job, it suddenly stopped.
I unplugged it and plugged it in again, and I now get the message
"USB Device not recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it......"
Have both Red and Green Status LED's lit. I have tried plugging it into another computer and get the same result. I've also tried resetting it, by grounding pin 54 on startup, but still get the same.
Can you give me an idea what could have happened and what I can do to get it running again.
Re: Pokeys stopped working
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 04:13:42 AM »
I've now removed all the wiring from the Pokeys and plugged it into yet another PC. Still getting the same results, with Windows reporting Error code 43. Looks to me like the Pokeys has failed.
What sort of warranty do these have?

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:09:12 PM »
Please write to support@poscope.com
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:34:30 PM »
Thanks,

Email sent.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:08 AM »
Interesting thing happened tonight.... I have been setting up the new Pokeys and for some reason I decided to plug the old one back in. Didn't get any error messages and it popped up as being available in the pokeys software. Tried a few connections and it looks like it still works!
Guess I have a spare now!