Hello Guest it is November 21, 2019, 04:05:43 PM

Author Topic: Denford easiturn & mach 3  (Read 1461 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Denford easiturn & mach 3
« on: November 16, 2014, 12:14:09 PM »
hi there, I'm looking for help with my lathe. My father in law and I converted the machine from the original cnc control to mach 3 about a year ago. I have had various problems and have slowly got the machine to work better. Having saide that I am still having issues.

1. I am using the original motors, they have 4 wires and are rated  at 3.5 amps with a power supply  of 80v. When I disconnect the drive to the z axis I can get 3mpm . When the motor is connected to the axis I can only get 1.8mpm. On the x axis I can get 2.5mpm. Would I be right in saying that I need motors with more power or torque. Am I barking up the wrong tree.

2. When I'm machining something that requires several cuts the feed rate doesn't seem to stay constant. For example if I put a feed in of 0.2per rev it will do facing cuts at the specified feed but then when it does the turning cuts the feed will reduce by about half and then goes back up to 0.2 on the final cut. I don't get this at all This is the standard start block I use for each tool.

G18 G80 G90
M6 T0101
G97 S1500 M3
S1500
G95 F0.2
G0 X50 Z0.0 M8.

I have tried the feed on the first G1 line and on all feed lines following a G0 line but I still get the same result

I have seen videos on you tube of big slant bed machines being run by mach so if people can get there big machines running pretty good why am I struggling with a small one.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Offline Hood

*
  •  25,856 25,856
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Denford easiturn & mach 3
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:09 AM »
Feed rate should not vary at all unless commanded to vary or you override it.
Attach your xml and I will see if I can find a problem with it, sounds more like a hardware issue however.
Hood
Re: Denford easiturn & mach 3
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 07:07:44 AM »
Hi Hood, Thanks for the reply but I managed to find out the problem and rectify it yesterday. I come across another post with someone saying they had a similar problem. It was down to the delay in the spindle set up in ports and pins. It was set at 1 sec so I put it up to 5 sec and that has solved that particular problem.

I think the other problem is due to not having enough torque. im thinking of perhaps fitting servo's when I can afford it.

Cheers.

Jason