Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:19:09 PM

Author Topic: Still,jog problems  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Still,jog problems
« on: February 28, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »
Ok,I have been using the 'tab' to open the jog screen in 'program run' in Mach3.I thought it was when using the 'diagnostic screen' that caused me the problem of being able to jog in a 'step' mode(the continuous mode always works).So when I started using this tab jog,the step mode did work but again today,I went to use it in Program run and again the step does not work.Now I'm sure something's funky.It always worked reliably in Mach2.As I said,'continuous' always works;'step' sometimes works.I'm in the Sherline mode and the reason I mention this is because I thought maybe the pulse length could somehow effect the ability to 'step' ...I don't know...maybe some over shoot or something...just 'grabbing at straws'.Tried different increments as well.-Keith
Re: Still,jog problems
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 12:22:38 PM »
Could you please post your XML so I can test it here?
Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: Still,jog problems
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 12:31:15 PM »
Thanks Brian,I figured it out, just now.It was a two-fold half silly,mistake.The not so silly is that you can jog 'continuously'(but not 'step') when the 'emergency stop' is flashing.The silly part is because the 'flash rate' of the 'emergency stop' was slowed down in Mach3(I just started using 3) and my eye didn't catch it blinking as I have conditioned my sensing for.Sounds stupid but I was so busy looking at everything else,I had my 'subconscious flags' only set for 'the familiar'.-Keith