Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:22:13 PM

Author Topic: I want to learn more!!! But, how & where?  (Read 4342 times)

I want to learn more!!! But, how & where?
« on: February 28, 2006, 02:12:01 PM »
OK, so I've been working with Mach 3 for a couple of weeks now and I have a handle on some of the basics but, the more I peruse the program and all it's options I realize how much I have to learn.  I LOVE the online videos, I think they are really superb.  But, I wish there was more of them.

That being said, where/how can I learn more about doing some more advanced things (i.e. learning shortcuts, learning G-Code tricks, wizards, etc).  Does anybody offer classes/seminars on Mach?    Are there Mach Gurus for hire that would/could teach me?

Thanks for the replies!

Sid

ynneb

Re: I want to learn more!!! But, how & where?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 09:07:09 PM »
I suggest using the wiki in machsupport, asking questions in forums, www.cnczone.com is a great all rounder forum dedicated to CNC. It just take lots of reading, experimenting, and time. Bits of it will click together as time goes by.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 04:26:40 PM »
There is going to be a CNC workshop in May that Art and I will be at (I think John P. too..) Also Art and I were thinking about doing an all Mach one here in Maine...

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 04:44:20 PM »
Brian, I have read little about these workshops. Could you please make a new post in this forum with all the details.
I will make it a sticky topic. Also I will put it on the Artsoft web site as well as promote it on CNCZone. You might as well get lots of people to these events.
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 01:33:31 AM »
All Mach workshop in Maine sounds GREAT!!!!  WHEN WHEN WHEN??? 
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »
I will have to talk to Art and see what he is up to :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com