Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:00:15 AM

Author Topic: Problem #2 & 3 on my reinstallation- spindle doesn't turn & units  (Read 2083 times)

#2- Whether I try to manually turn the spindle on from within the interface or through G-code, it doesn't respond.  It's set up as a simple power on/power off with no speed control.

#3- Something's up with the units or scaling also.  I set the machine to inches in configuration during set-up and I've made sure it was in inches in the setting tab.  When I set the step jog to 1.000 the machine moves about 1/4" (~7mm).  Scaling is set to +1.000 on the DRO.

Any help with these?  Thanks.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Problem #2 & 3 on my reinstallation- spindle doesn't turn & units
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:54:04 PM »
Does the spindle on LED light up?
Do you have an output pin assigned to an Output, and do you have that Output configure to turn on the spindle?

Check your steps/unit in motor tuning.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 09:38:13 PM »
The LED on the machine? no

I am, in fact, missing the Step Pin#, Dir Pin#, Step port, and Dir port numbers in motor outputs, but I don't know what they should be.  Are there numbers commonly used.  How else might I determine what they should be?  I'm also not sure what you mean by "Output configure to turn on the spindle".

What should I be looking for in the steps/unit in motor tuning?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 08:29:52 PM »
I still haven't gotten anywhere with this spindle problem.  I should clarify that I am just using a relay to control spindle on/off, so my understanding is that it should be set up in "output signals" rather than "motor outputs".  Does it matter which "Output #" is used?  I'm using a Bob Campbell combo breakout board but I haven't been able to find out what pin it uses for the spindle.
Also, the spindle button on the Mach3 screen blinks when pressed.  Should it do that in normal operation?