Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:03:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach 3 Laser config  (Read 25471 times)

Re: Mach 3 Laser config
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2014, 01:56:33 PM »
It will work with Z, A, B, C or F.

www.picengrave.com
Extensivly Re-worked/Re-designed/Modified Servo K2CNC KG-3925 and the Mini Laser Engraver
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 02:18:37 PM »
Ok

let me go through the pdf and check the program.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2014, 03:18:00 AM »
Thank you both very much for the replies

I will post a photo of the burned sample soon as I'm not near the machine right now

Tweakie, I downloaded the file where should I put this file ? Is it a script to open in mach 3 ?

As you guys said I would prefer to assign other axis but Z to control the laser and I would prefer a method where I don't have to edit every gcode file I load into mach 3.

Hi Hydrops,

The file I linked is a Vectric post processor - you need to study the Vectric documentation which will tell you how post processors are used to modify the generated Gcode so you do not have to carry out any subsequent editing etc.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2014, 06:44:24 AM »
Thank you very much Tweakie

will let you guys know how it goes.

Best regards
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2014, 05:39:05 PM »
Thank you both very much for the replies

I will post a photo of the burned sample soon as I'm not near the machine right now

Tweakie, I downloaded the file where should I put this file ? Is it a script to open in mach 3 ?

As you guys said I would prefer to assign other axis but Z to control the laser and I would prefer a method where I don't have to edit every gcode file I load into mach 3.

Hi Hydrops,

The file I linked is a Vectric post processor - you need to study the Vectric documentation which will tell you how post processors are used to modify the generated Gcode so you do not have to carry out any subsequent editing etc.

Hope this helps.

Tweakie.

Tweakie, is this file for aspire ?

I put it in PP folder and when I try to choose it in aspire it's not showing, and I also notice there's no other file there with the .pst extension

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2014, 01:58:29 AM »
Hi Hydrops,

Sorry, my mistake - try this one...   ;)

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2014, 05:34:09 AM »
Thank you very much Tweakie,

will let you know later how it goes as I'm not near the machine right now.

Regards
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Tweakie,

Regarding this pp file, is it metric or imperial ?  My Mach 3 and vectric are metric if it makes a difference.

and can you tell me approximate values for height and feed settings for this laser ?

Regards

Hydro

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 11:47:35 AM »
Hi Hydrops,

The pp is for Metric units (G21).

Height is unimportant as the pp does not create any Z axis moves only X and Y  (with M11P1 for G01,G02,G03 ... moves and M10P1 for G00 moves).

Feed setting depends on many factors so perhaps use F600 (or whatever you think will be right) as a starting point (it's easy enough to edit the final Gcode as required).

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 12:10:30 PM »
Hi Tweakie

I understand that with this pp file the Z axis will be static, but isn't there a distance to observe between the laser and the job to be done ?

Pardon my ignorance but what feedrate in mm/sec equals F600 ?

And regarding this PP file you sent me, is there anything else I need to do in Mach3 or Vectric or just use it as pp for the job ?

I have read the PP manual from aspire but don't really understand it tbh.

Thank you very much for your patience, really grateful

Hydro