Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:09:36 PM

Poll

YOU CAN HELP ME!!

NOW
0 (0%)
urgent
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: HELP ME PLEASE WITH THE Z-AXIS!!  (Read 2942 times)

HELP ME PLEASE WITH THE Z-AXIS!!
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:34:58 AM »
Hello everyone..

i'm new on the CNC world, every day im learning something new to help me in my work.
but now i have a problem with the z axis.
my z-axis position when cutting is 0, i configure my safe z to move to +0.2 position when i press STOP button, as yet everything its ok, thats mean, Y & X Axis stop, after that Z-axis up to +0.2.
Now, my problem is that when i press start cycle to continuing my work, all the axis continue on their direction, but it's not ok like that!!! The Y & X Axis, its ok to contiune their direction how it's was, but what about the Z Axis!! it's continue with +0.2 position, (no cutting)  and it's not ok like that! i want it to return to 0 position to contiune the cutting!! Please to help me to rezolve this problem, when i press start the cycle i want it to down to 0 position then Y & X Axis contiune thier direction!!!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME PLEASE WITH THE Z-AXIS!!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 07:04:10 AM »
Firstthing is really you should press FeedHold and wait until the axs has stopped before you press Stop, this is because there is a chance of you losing position if you simply press Stop.

In the situation you describe you need to use Run From Here.
RFH only works with a licenced copy of Mach.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »
i don't need the RFH, i just want to know to make to the z axis to return in his position after i press the cycle start, may be you do not understand me, i dont need run from here because i do not want it to back some lines! no!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2014, 08:16:15 AM »
I understand exactly what you want but the only way to achieve it, if  you press Stop, is to do a RFH ;)
Pressing Stop clears the buffer so pressing Start after will just run from the current line and will not take account of the Z position unless that line has a Z command on it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
There are some solution, I'm sure about that, becuse before some days it's succeeded without the run from here, but I forgot how I make it :(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 03:04:53 PM »
Well I would guess that either you did not press Stop or that when you pressed Start the next line of code had a Z move in it.
For example if you feed hold then jog the Z up, when you then press Start you should get a prep move box for you to OK.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2014, 03:09:25 PM »
yes but when i press feed hold, the z axis do not up automatic, but on the stop button its up automatic, i just need to configure something i dont know, that when i press cycle start to return to my work automatic z axis down, here is my problem!