Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:10:37 PM

Author Topic: Move to machine Zero  (Read 3431 times)

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
Move to machine Zero
« on: November 10, 2014, 03:55:09 PM »
I am using screen commands and not file posted G-Code strings. While working with offsets, I would like to send the machine to machine Zero.  I set G28 and it works well except I am not able to control the speed.  Is there a code that will send the machine to Zero and set the speed too?  Also, I am have similar problems wit the Jog++ and Jog -- using OEM 314.  Is there a way to set the jog or any equal command to move at a specified and locked speed that is not a percentage variable? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Move to machine Zero
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 06:19:58 PM »
G53G1X0F100 would move the X axis to machine coords zero at a feed of 100 units per min.

Regarding the jog, not really, you could possibly have a series of screen buttons to set the %. That way you could have buttons for various feeds, best bet however is get a MPG and the speed the axis moves will be dictated by the speed you wind the MPG.
Hood

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 06:32:21 PM »
Thanks Hood, it's good to hear from you.

We are getting by.  But, we have a new problem.  While moving the fence someone stuffed a board.  That is not good, so we must set a disabling condition.  I assume that it would be a limit switch.  Any suggestion on how to switch the result of an E-Stop without the need to re-set when the switch closes.  A re-set would be okay if just for the mistake, however, each board sent properly would need to trip the switch.

Thus we need a limit switch/gate that halts any possible movement when open and simply resumes normal operations when closed.     

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:39:57 PM »
The G53 did the trick.  It allows the light weight axis to haul the mail under normal conditions and still maintain the slow speed for the heavy axis.  Thank again! 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
You can set an input to Input 1 and enable the option in General Config. It will halt all operations until the Input is cleared.
Word of warning however, if the axes are in motion atthe time of the Input becoming active it is possible you will lose position, all depends on how fast you are moving at the time and whether the mass of the axes can make it move slightly during the stop. Also be aware that there is no deceleration when that input is used so if a sudden stop could damage anything you maybe better not use it.
Hood

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
Thanks,

I think we are okay at a rapid stop. It is low geared traveling at 30 inches.  That is about 1/2 of what I believe to be a safe speed considering the weight. The only time it would rapid stop is if someone really messed up.  I will install a hold gate also.  The likely condition would be an attempt to move the fence from rest while a board was feeding thus there would be no motion to stop.

If I understand your solution correctly, the axes movement would simply not occur if the safety switch was tripped and the system would automatically be restored/ready when the switch was released or at rest???         

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
The feature, I believe,  was originally intended for guards/doors so that if opened the motion would halt immediately and resume when again closed.
It sounds just what you are looking for.
You will see the relevant setting in the screenshot below, it is located at the lower right of General Config page.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 09:28:31 PM »
Just to add a bit more, if I recall correctly it will only halt programme execution, I think Jogging via keyboard or MPG is unaffected by it. Reason I am am thinking that is I seem to recall that I used it on a machine at one point as a safety feature and had to additionally use a Brain to inhibit jogging if the input was active.

Hood

Offline c30232

•  122 122
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 09:50:28 PM »
Thanks,

I am trying to stay away from jog and it is not currently available.  However, a bump of the jog would not be a disaster.  An operator would tend to let it go when it gets noisy.  It is the several inch continuous movement in positive that could make for a bad day.  A negative movement would just move away from the board.

I see your jpg and agree it's perfect.  I assume input is ports and pins, input signals, "Input #1"

The laser marker and fence will be foot operated.  The safety makes certain that a lazy foot doesn't cause a problem.  An unintentional movement would likely not cause machine damage, however, it could possibly trigger a kickback that would not be appreciated.

Thanks again!

PS: You may not remember helping with our initial router project, but thanks to your help and others it is running perfectly.