Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:49:53 PM

Author Topic: First time user of this site with some basic level Mach3 questions.  (Read 6357 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: First time user of this site with some basic level Mach3 questions.
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 08:18:38 AM »
1) Yes. You can, however, purchase complete kits that include the G540, stepper motors and power supply.

2) Yes

3) The G540 can control 4 motors, and a few inputs and outputs. It can control many types of machines, provided that you don't need more inputs and outputs than it offers.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2014, 12:55:45 PM »
William,
Yes to all three questions.

I respectfully advise you to continue researching what you want to do.  Others have been using cnc to cut foam wings for a few years, and many will have posted lots of exact answers to your questions.  A little time spent reading and studying now may save you headaches and wasted funds in the future.  I have never cut foam wings with cnc, so I'm not qualified to advise you with specific details.

Good luck, and enjoy,
John

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 04:09:51 PM »
1) Yes. You can, however, purchase complete kits that include the G540, stepper motors and power supply.

2) Yes

3) The G540 can control 4 motors, and a few inputs and outputs. It can control many types of machines, provided that you don't need more inputs and outputs than it offers.

Thank you Gerry
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »

2) Yes

Thank you Gerry
William,
Yes to all three questions.

I respectfully advise you to continue researching what you want to do.  Others have been using cnc to cut foam wings for a few years, and many will have posted lots of exact answers to your questions.  A little time spent reading and studying now may save you headaches and wasted funds in the future.  I have never cut foam wings with cnc, so I'm not qualified to advise you with specific details.

Good luck, and enjoy,
John

Thank you John