Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:11:14 AM

Author Topic: Mach users in your area  (Read 11232 times)

Mach users in your area
« on: November 06, 2014, 09:19:45 AM »
Edoctoor here...

I just finished my scratch built my 31 X 31 inch CNC machine and basic configuration of Mach 3
and I am wondering if there is a place on this forum for people like me to say.

"Hello I live in London Ontario Canada and would be interested in joining a Mach 3 interest group"

If you are wondering.... yes; you are correct.... I built a 31 X 31 CNC with NO WORKING KNOWLEDGE of CNC MACHINES or associated Software.
And yes, I am surprised that my cnc machine actually works. That said, I am a retired old man that loves a challenge and my next challenge is to
learn the tips and tricks to go from idea to a finished peace.

Currently I am confused with a some g-code and the Z axis plunging into the part after an hour of consistent routing.
I know that I will eventually discover how to do tool changes and the steps to setup a part but it would be nice
to know some people in my area that also have the same interests in hobby CNC machining.

Edoc
Again thank you for your kind words and your helpful tips and tricks.. you are appreciated
more than you will ever know during our struggle with the start-up learning curve.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach users in your area
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 11:19:22 AM »
I'm about 2 hours and another country away from you.
I'm not really aware of any Mach3 users groups that have local meetings, but that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:34:20 PM »
Then may I suggest creating a *sticky* find a local Mach friend in a Social area?

I posted a Mach 3 ad on Kijiji but haven't had any hits...

I did however post an ad on Kijiji about learning Mandarin and as a result I am engaged to be married ;-)

Anyhow, many thanks for your reply as I truly appreciate it !
Again thank you for your kind words and your helpful tips and tricks.. you are appreciated
more than you will ever know during our struggle with the start-up learning curve.
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 07:07:21 PM »
I like your idea there should be a Mach get together would be nice to see others creations first hand.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2014, 07:38:10 PM »
post an ad on Kijiji about learning Mandarin and as a result I am engaged to be married

Good for you my friend, is she Polish by any chance? ;D ??? ::)

RICH
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 01:18:18 PM »
This is a good idea. Most of the othwr forums that I am a member of (non-cnc) have something like this. One even has a map with a dot for everyone that input there location.

I live in Lebanon, Pa and would love to be able to talk and hangout with others interested in the CNC world.