Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:12:53 AM

Author Topic: Problems with jog  (Read 1894 times)

Problems with jog
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:30:51 PM »
I am converting my lathe to CNC and going through the configuring process.  The controller is from Camtronics and uses the Gecko 540 board.  So far things seem to be OK except the jog function does not work, jog increment works fine, jog does not respond.  I am not sure where to look to try and solve this problem.  I have certainly tried a lot of things that do not work.  When I first loaded Mach3, and no controller attached or configuration changes made, jog seemed to work in that when I pressed the arrow keys the X and Z readouts on the screen changed.

Where should I start looking to solve this problem?

Thanks, Dennis
Re: Problems with jog
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 06:24:07 AM »
I am converting my lathe to CNC and going through the configuring process.  The controller is from Camtronics and uses the Gecko 540 board.  So far things seem to be OK except the jog function does not work, jog increment works fine, jog does not respond.  I am not sure where to look to try and solve this problem.  I have certainly tried a lot of things that do not work.  When I first loaded Mach3, and no controller attached or configuration changes made, jog seemed to work in that when I pressed the arrow keys the X and Z readouts on the screen changed.

Where should I start looking to solve this problem?

Thanks, Dennis
HI,transformer
it seems that yo have problem when you manual jogging here is what you have to check:
#1 check that ya have done thing right (prots ans pins  in mach ports and pins config) and set the right stp pin and dir pin probably  according to your board data sheet
make sure ya did not turn on/off the jogging function in mach  and you did not pressed the offline button
> ya said that the mach default setting  worked  just fine  bit  so i assume that you connected all the wire right
try and fell free to ask :) just check for these things first