Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:10:18 AM

Author Topic: troublshooting from the results  (Read 3242 times)

troublshooting from the results
« on: March 31, 2007, 10:42:27 PM »
hi all,
i went and cut my first multi pass project today on my homebuilt and had a odd result.
i have a movable table y axis and a stationary gantry x axis..
anyways i noticed the piece, when cut out, had perfect up and down edges on the sides, but on the side for the y axis
one side was stepped out, maybe 1/32 every cut, and the opposite was undercut approx the same distance.. the mach 3 software worked great (except i couldnt figure out how to use tool offset in lazycam)
could this be a example of slop ? backlash ? it semed too even to be random step loss. btw this is with allthread and 60 in torq motors running at 5 ipm..
this is a tweak as you go project,and i'm already getting bigger motors.
[           [
 [           [
  [           [
   [           [
   bottom
thanks ,
dan
Re: troublshooting from the results
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 11:07:45 AM »
Is this on a stepper machine or a servo machine? You have lost steps or noise on an encoder line :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:31:56 AM »
stepper machine... i just thought taht since it was so regular, it couldnt be lost steps, before when i lost steps it was random....
well, i'll redo that axis .. thanks
dan
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
Set your Max rate lower for that axis and back down your acceleration. Test and see if it helps :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 03:30:07 PM »
tore apart that axis.....waiting on a timing belt from ebay,going to try using a belt drive and a more powerfull stepper