Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 02:48:49 PM

Author Topic: Can I change the display to show X and Z axis instead of X and Y?  (Read 2494 times)

I'm new to this but am milling an oil groove along the radius of a hemispherical pocket. It would be a HUGE help if i can change the display to show X and Z axis movement instead of X and y. Is there a way to do this? i don't see it in the manual. Thanks in advance!
Re: Can I change the display to show X and Z axis instead of X and Y?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »
Hi Neil:

From reading your post, it sounds like you are trying to machine an arc in the X/Z plane, or the Y/Z plane, but you do not refer to the G18 or G19 code at all. Mach3 is capable
of machining an arc/radial  path in all three planes of motion:
X/Y plane, G17;
X/Z plane, G18;
Y/Z plane, G19;

Mach3 will display these three planes, and show the cutter path as it moves. You do not change anything in the Mach3 display.

You can read how to program the various planes in the Gcode reference files in the Mach3 page, starting with the G02 Code section.
Since the planes other than G17 are seldom used, there are no references to them, or programming, other than the above mentioned
definitions of G-codes.

John
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 02:32:35 AM »
I have it all programmed I was wondering if the display could be changed to actually show the arc not just an arrow moving up and down for the Z axis.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:05:49 AM »
Just rotate the display with the mouse. There's no other way to change the view.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:20:41 PM »
I am curious how you programmed the arc, without using G18.

John