Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:57:36 AM

Author Topic: Lot of problems with Mach3 and CSMIO/IP-A  (Read 3837 times)

Lot of problems with Mach3 and CSMIO/IP-A
« on: October 24, 2014, 02:46:32 PM »
I think I will go crazy ...

I made a special cnc milling machine for the client. I used CSMIO / IP-A, PoKeys for external keyboard and licensed Mach3.
I thought this will be a reliable...but  :(

Time and again, there are new problems ...

G31 does not work with CSMIO and last version of MACH3  :(
With an older version of MACH3 does not work PoKeys!
Mach3 is often "lost" all the settings if I go under "Ports and Pins"  

Current problem:
Spindle automatically turns off randomly during the program.
I tried to increase the debounce interval....... without success

The customer is upset and wants to return the machine.

Is it possible to eliminate this problems or MACH3, PoKeys and CSMIO are not sufficiently reliable?

Thanx to all!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Lot of problems with Mach3 and CSMIO/IP-A
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
CS-Lab have a M31 macro which may work better than G31, have you tried it?  http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/artykul-129-M31_as_an_alternative_to_G31.html

The spindle turning off is a strange one, does the LED in Mach for spindle actually turn off or is it just the signal to the motor that is lost? Is the motor set as a spindle axis or is it just a VFD?
Have you tried removing the PoKeys from the equation to see if there is a problem between it and the IP-A as I have never had any issues like that with mine.

Losing settings in Ports and pins is again strange, they should be in the xml file so unless the xml is set as read only and changes you make should be saved on closing Mach.

Hood

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 03:44:08 AM »
Hi Hood

I've tried the M31 but instead move along the Z-axis, the machine moves in the X and Y axis
I asked for the assistance of experts in CSLab, but in a few weeks I have not received a reply.

Spindle randomly turns off during operation of the program - the LED  turns off also.
Spindle is driven with a VFD.

Next time I will try without PoKeys

The problem is, that the machine is not in my possesion and I need to go to the customer...and he is not wery happy...

Thanx for a help

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 02:07:28 PM »
I have never used the macro but I am wondering if the M31 call was correct, according to the info I see you have to call the X and Y as 0 if you do not wish them to move, for example
M31 P0 Q0 R-50 F100
would just move the Z and X and Y should not move.

Ok if the spindle is physically turning off via Mach then I suspect there is some sort of conflict between Mach, PoKeys and IP-A.

Can you grab the xml and attach it the next time you are at the machine, it may hold some clues.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 04:48:37 PM »
Regarding probing functions and G31, there are very extensive PDF files on the web site;
http://www.calypsoventures.com/forums/

Dave Bagby, programmer and author of the MSM Screen Set has provided PDF files, detailing how Mach3 interfaces to the real world. Included are some simple
graphic menu boxes showing the various levels of code interfacing inside of Mach3.

He is a professional programmer, and has written extensively about the inner process of Mach3.

Unless a controller manufacturer follows the parameters set down in the Mach3 programmers guidelines, various functions such as G31 wll not work.

It might be worth taking some time, and reading about these functions, and what vendors have followed the Mach3 specific conventions.

John