Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:19:38 AM

Author Topic: MaxNC spindle setup  (Read 5422 times)

MaxNC spindle setup
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:02:52 PM »
 I'm setting up my Maxnc 15cl with Mach3 and have got the axes moving properly, but am having problems getting the spindle to work. I've tried using the PWM setting, but the motor pulses badly unless I set the base freq. at about 50, but then the rpm's are way out to lunch. Everything I've read in this forum and the manual says that I should be using step & dir., but I can't get that to work either. As soon as I power up the machine the spindle motor starts up. I've tried changing the active low setting for the spindle which is set to pin 1, but still the spindle starts when I put power to the machine.

What am I missing?
Re: MaxNC spindle setup
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »
I don't know anything about the spindle on the MaxNC :( But I will help you the best that I can!

The problem with having your spindle start is a Parallel port problem. The computer will turn on outputs when the computer is booting and there is nothing that Mach3 can do about this :(.  We get around this one of two ways:
1. Don turn on the power to the controller untill Mach3 is up and running
2. (the better one) Get a Charge pump form CNC4PC and hook that to an output with an SSR to power the mill. Mach 3 will have to put out 12Khz to enable the power to the control.

hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 02:27:32 PM »
  Thanks for the reply Brian,

I will try a charge pump. I hope it comes with good instructions because I know a lot more about programming and machining than I do about electronics.

Any quick words to clarify the installation for a dummy? :-[

Thanks,
Kevin
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 02:28:37 PM »
You should check out there doc's on the web first!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 03:43:15 PM »
  Thanks, will do.

BTW, hats off to the Artsoft guys. I've only used Mach3 a little, but it seems like great software - easy to use. Good stuff guys!

Kevin
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 05:02:28 PM »
Thank you, we all work very hard to make this the best low cost CNC software on the web :)

www.machsupport.com