Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:08:04 AM

Author Topic: The JoyStick Project example is done!!!!!  (Read 10497 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
The JoyStick Project example is done!!!!!
« on: October 07, 2014, 10:45:03 PM »
Please see:

Reply #4

in this thread for the working Joystick with Jog functions enabled to go with the Joystick position status bitmaps embedded into a screen set.

Scott
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:08:18 PM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: JoyStick status bitmaps embedded into a screen set, BRETT's idea!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »
That's awesome Scott! It will be hard for anyone to appreciate this unless they have attempted to do such a thing in Mach3. There were ways to do it but limited to impossible in certain cases. For example...... if you only had one page to display the joystick on you could design the one page and have one each of the five items making up the joystick on each page. That would mean you now have 5 pages. That's doable. But, lets say you had 2 joysticks. Now you would have to  create 25 pages to cover all the scenerios. Now, if you need just 4 pages to show all the possible combinations............ 100 pages.

Brett

;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: The JoyStick Project example is done!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 05:53:11 PM »
Well here is the "JoyStick" screen set and customization example!

This shows users how to embed, directional pictures that represent the position of a joy stick. I had to modify (and RENAME), two plugins:

1).  the "mcKeyboard" plugin has been renamed to "M4KeyMapper" (M4Keys)

2).  the "Sim" plugin has been renamed to "VirtualMachine" (VM0)

PLEASE read the "Joy Stick Screen set example project.pdf"

IF you follow the instructions, on where to put the files, and you run the "JoyStick" profile that is provided, it should run "turn key". If for some reason it does not do that on your computer, the instructions give you step by step how to configure everything.

/////////***********////////////////
Please see:

Reply #4

in this thread for the working Joystick with Jog functions enabled to go with the Joystick position status bitmaps embedded into a screen set.

Enjoy,

Scott
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:09:09 PM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 12:05:51 PM »
Just had a play............ this is very cool Scott! It is not meant to show off a joystick (though it is a practical, useful example) it is more to high-lite just one more thing that is possible in Mach4 that was not in Mach3, not realistically anyway.

Brett 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:43:40 PM »
Per a discussion with Brett, here is the "JoyStick" screen set with "jogging" hooked up to the joystick.

ALSO!!!!l  
Brett was once again kind enough to make a set of Bitmaps in where the background color, matches the color of the screen set background, and it is just WAAAAYYYYY awesome looking!!

THANK YOU BRETT!!!!

The attached Zip file, has the new screenset (same name), but it has they X/Y jogging buttons, on the JoyStick tab/panel, and the X and Y axis jog with the joystick pic directions when pushing the arrows.

Please copy the Bitmaps out of the enclosed zip, and past them into the joystick resource file under the wizards, there names are the same, just a closer matching bitmap for color. Really all you see now is JUST the joyStick!!

Note: I did not enable/disable the jog buttons with Machs enabled/disabled condition, I leave that up to you.
not that it matters, you cant jog anyway if mach is not enabled....

////****  EDIT  *****//// fixed a yaxis jog bug in the screen redownload the zip that is now attached.
Screen shots of the blended in Bitmaps that Brett made!

////**** Edit again.... 10-14-14 *****///////

Fixed a bug in where when you pushed the jog buttons they would only move a bit, it is now fixed,
thanks to Craig for finding this bug!!!

////**** Edit again.... 10-15-14 *****///////

Well double-crap, just found out from Brett I posted up the wrong (old) screenset, so please download this one.... SORRY...
Scott

////**** Edit again.... 10-15-14 *****///////
Fixed a small bug (Joy X + was - and Joy X -  was +) and loaded all files needed in the zip.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 11:35:49 AM by Chaoticone »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 12:04:27 PM »
Thank You Professor Brett for finding and fixing that X jogging direction wrong way error, AND thanks for putting ALL the stuff in a "One-Stop-Shop" project zip file!!!

Well..... after all this, it it time to go back to my job as a Walmart Greeter..

worse than that, I now have to go and find a JoyStick to hook up to my control panel!!!
I think a wxSpaceInvaders() panel is a good next step..... maybe....

Scott
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:11:03 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 05:15:15 AM »
Wow this works great!

Giving me more ideas for Mach4 Screen layouts. I have been struggling with joystick/pendant display options and NEVER thought of this approach.

Charles