Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:15:49 AM

Author Topic: Assistance needed $$  (Read 2623 times)

Assistance needed $$
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:15 AM »
I need someone familiar with Sheetcam and Mach3 to help me get my drawings free from the "could not place leadins" and "all cut paths not generated" warnings and acceptable to Mach3. I will be glad to pay a good hourly rate. Someone within 200 miles of upstate SC would be perfect, if not we can work together by email. One-time help would be appreciated, but I would like to develop a long term arrangement beneficial to us both. Thanks.
Re: Assistance needed $$
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 09:07:02 AM »
Did you inquire with Les at SheetCam ?
It may be a fairly simple issue and he and the group have been superb with support.
There may not be enough room for your chosen cutter to do what you need in the space available.
Russ
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Thanks, in this case there is plenty of room.  I have been struggling with this for weeks and am about to go mad.  I need to get my machine in operation.  I can do a simple, one with no sheetcam warnings, cut but am unfamiliar with using corel draw and my helper who knows corel draw, knows nothing about sheetcam amd mach3 and we have been unable to figure it out thus far.  I believe someone familiar with it all, could get me going quickly.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »
Only need to crete one post / topic.

RICH

Offline nobby

•  153 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 07:47:24 PM »
dirty image
i.e. IF you are scanning or tracing something, = needs to be line art
even in line art you will get lttle spots that are scanned/traced.
you need to clean up the image

select image
arrange convert to curves
arrange - break curve apart
view -wireframe
click on outline objects wanted - then drag away
go back to where it was and select the empty page and you will select tiny bits and bobs that IF sent to sheetcam will be smaller than the bit or plasma tip diameter, so cannot be preocessed - sheetcam error
also what happens is when you trace you sometimes duplicate the object, so you delete it to make sure it isnt there twice - then simply go back, if it deletes

also you should try putting a hairline outline on the selected object with rounded corners ticked in outline pen - it will smoothen the object
- then convert outline to object
then break curve apart -
zoom in and delete the original and the inner outline - i do this anyway with a 1/8th bit and actually have rounded corners instead of 90's to send

then export the object as hpgl rather than dxf

pen 1 layer 1

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:54:16 PM by nobby »