Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:59:18 AM

Author Topic: Auto Zero Z Crashing Bits...  (Read 3107 times)

Auto Zero Z Crashing Bits...
« on: September 19, 2014, 05:05:47 PM »
Trying to figure out what the heck is happening here, its been working fine for a day or so then today i changed bits and grabbed the probe and put it on the work surface and clicked auto tool zero, it came down slow like it always did, touched off on the probe, but then instead of retracting up it tried to ram the bit into the probe, snapped the bit and gouged the probe doing this.

So i put a piece of wire in the chuck so i had a disposable part to test it again instead of an expensive bit and again the same routine, touch then drive it down into the probe. It used to touch, then retract up a bit above the surface.

I checked the button script, it hasn't changed, the probe thickness is set correctly, i'm just plain stumped!!

If i manually set the bit to just touch off the material surface and zero it manually everything is fine with the machine, but the auto tool zero doesnt work and i cant figure out why because it used to.

What am i missing here??
Re: Auto Zero Z Crashing Bits...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 05:08:39 PM »
A bit more on this.. I went to the Diagnostics tab, it is seeing the input, i can tap the probe to the tool and it lights up the indicator.

It is doing the zero function but after it touches, then stops, instead of retracting up it smashes down.

So i tried this, it touched and i quickly snatched the probe out of the way before i went down, but its not at zero its about a quarter inch off the top of the working surface yet.  So its not zeroing either, its like the Auto Zero function is totally messed up.

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 06:42:26 PM »
if its the blue screen you are using home needs to be 25mm/ 1inch above the work pieces

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 06:44:05 AM »
Code: [Select]
try this

[codeRem Auto Tool Zero Z- Metric Version

DownStroke = -25 'Set the down stroke to find probe
DownFeedRate = 100 'Set the down FeedRate
RetractStroke = 10 'Set the retract Stroke
RetractFeedRate = 300 'Set the retract FeedRate

CurrentFeed = GetOemDRO(818) 'Get the current feedrate to return to later
CurrentAbsInc = GetOemLED(48) 'Get the current G90/G91 state
CurrentGmode = GetOemDRO(819) 'Get the current G0/G1 state
PlateThickness = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Z-plate thickness DRO

If GetOemLed (825)=0 Then 'Check to see if the probe is already grounded or faulty
DoOEMButton (1010) 'zero the Z axis so the probe move will start from here
Code "G4 P2" ' this delay gives me time to get from computer to hold probe in place
Code "G90 G31 Z" &DownStroke &" F" &DownFeedRate 'probing move
While IsMoving() 'wait while it happens
Wend
ZProbePos = GetVar(2002) 'get the axact point the probe was hit
If Abs(ZprobePos) <= Abs(DownStroke)-0.1 Then 'Check if the probe has been found
Code "G0 Z" &ZProbePos 'go back to that point, always a very small amount of overrun
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Call SetDro (2, PlateThickness) 'set the Z axis DRO to whatever is set as plate thickness
Code "G4 P0.25" 'Pause for Dro to update.
Code "G1 Z" &PlateThickness + RetractStroke &" F" &RetractFeedRate 'retract
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Code "(Z axis is now zeroed)" 'puts this message in the status bar
Else
Code "G0 Z0" 'retract to start pos
While IsMoving ()
Wend
Code "(Z-Plate not found, check connection or stroke and try again)" 'puts this message in the status bar
End If
Else
Code "(Z-Plate is grounded, check connection and try again)" 'this goes in the status bar if aplicable
End If
Code "F" &CurrentFeed 'Returns to prior feed rate
If CurrentAbsInc = 0 Then 'if G91 was in effect before then return to it
Code "G91"
End If
If CurrentGMode = 0 Then 'if G0 was in effect before then return to it
Code "G0"
End If
Exit Sub ]
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 02:35:13 PM »
Thanks i will give that a shot!  I assume i just have to include the Plate Thickness line above this script the same as the one i am using now?

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
yep this line if you have a dro for it PlateThickness = GetUserDRO(1151) 'Z-plate thickness DRO