Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:57:12 PM

Author Topic: MAD4MACH is released!! Try it out, and see what you think!  (Read 14295 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
MAD4MACH is released!! Try it out, and see what you think!
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:26 AM »
   Ok, got “MAD4Mach” working! This 1st version will be FREE!!! (But, if you do like it, you could send me 10 bucks via paypal  ). It will pop up your PC Id, email it to me, and I will generate a license file for you.
I have some other ideas, to extend its functionally but, depending on what kind of interest is generated, will determine if I put that work into it for a version 2.0 which will be a paid lic/upgrade.

In a nut shell, and in general it will allow you to read and/or write to:
1.   All OEM Inputs
2.   OEM Outputs
3.   read/write up to 16 Modbus registers you can choose each as IN or OUT
4.   read/write up to 16 Registers from the OEM plugin (iREG and gREG)
5.   read/write up to 16 Params(pound vars), can be individually picked for Get or Set

All object names or paths are user definable, and all choices are “remembered”.

I highly recommend that you read the, Read-me 1st doc, for the way you have to run the installer.
Also, there is a “User’s Manual” for detailed instructions on how to set it up, use it, and integrate it with your screen set and/or Wizard. The manual also has Customizing instructions if you don’t want to embed the launcher, but just embed individual functions in a button.  

The installer will install a testing: MachMad Profile, MachMad screen set (that has the MAD launcher built into it, so you can see how to integrate the launcher or just fire it off from the Wizard selector). It also installs the MAD Launcher in the wizards folder, and it installs a DL 06 PLC project (if you have one), that you can test against a PLC for Modbus operations, or set up your own PLC. The project folder is installed under the Wizards folder, there is also a resource folder installed there that MAD uses, so don’t delete that one, or MAD will not work.

I have attached screen shots of the function windows, the Zip file with installer and the user manual (which is also in the installer zip file).

More screen shots on the following post.

//////////******* EDIT *******////////////
VERSION 2.0 is out, download from this
post 1/21/2015

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,28038.msg202886.html#msg202886

Enjoy!

Scott
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:15:04 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: MAD4MACH is released!! Try it out, and see what you think!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 10:28:32 AM »
Here are the other screen shots.
NOTE: The modbus screen shot, shows the native Modbus dianostic screen, the MADmodbus in the middle and the Directsoft PLC IDE screen
on the right, all showing how the MAD modus can read and write to them live time.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:31:41 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 10:50:41 AM »
Just a side, note, I check my email here and there, so don't panic if I don't respond right away..

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 10:37:44 AM »
MAD 4 Mach, upgrade:

Here is MAD4MACH v 1.1

A few changes:

1).  The Screen set now has a "Matching" background for the launcher.
2).  MAD now looks for its lic file in the "Mach4Hobby/License/" folder so if you already have
a license, move it from the "Mach4Hobby" to the above.
3).  In the Zip file, you have two ways to install MAD, there is an AUTO-installer, and a Manual folder for copy/paste operations. In both cases please read the "Readme"!!  There are some minor tricks you have to do to use the Auto-installer properly.

Note: If anyone knows of an "installer" type of program in where, it would just install Files and folders (like auto-copy/paste) functions, instead of having to "hack" an application installer program, please let me know!! And one where the user could choose, his own Mach4hobby directory drive.

Screen shot of how the new screen set with matching color mod looks,
and zip attached.

download latest installer, reply 5

Have Fun, Scott
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:18:29 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Well, I was unable to find an "Installer" that would just do file and directory copy paste operations.

So, was talking to my good friend Ed Bryson, He said, use C# it is much easier to deal with than C++ plus it has simple to use copy file and directory functions! He even gave me a simple USB boot-loader application source code to learn from, and a HUGE C# book.

Worked on an "Installer" all day yesterday, and got it doing what I want to install (copy over) MAD. This installer does not register as a "Program", it is just an exe that when run from the folder it comes in, will copy over all the MAD components to your Mach4 install (and you can pick your install drive if it is other than C:).

For small projects with simple operations I was amazed by how easy it was to use C#!

Here is the "New" installer, NOTE if you use it, and already have MAD installed you will need to manually remove it, otherwise the copy/paste in the exe will throw an error(s).
If you do use it, read the "Read Me 1st"...

download latest installer, reply 5

Scott
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 11:19:12 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »
Here is version 1-2 of MAD:

1).   Fixed up the Users guide with updated screen shots.
2).   Fixed up the Readme1st for using this installer.
3).   Cleaned up the dialogs in the installer.
4).   The installer will now overwrite per-existing MAD files, without an error
       so you don't have to remove old files prior to using the installer.
       Note, if you have made changes to your old MAD files, rename or move them
       otherwise they will be overwritten.

IMPORTANT!!!!

If you get a license it will have to be in: \Mach4Hobby\Licenses\

NOTE: Added a small correction to the users manual, is it attached, use it instead
of the one in the installer.

Thanks again to Ed Bryson, for showing me how easy C# can be!

Scott
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 02:10:08 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 04:37:03 AM »
Hi Scott!
Have tried your "wizard" and found it works well for setting up mach4, I can see the changes as they are made and I know they have occurred in the set up. This is a real bonus as I found setting up Mach4 to be a bit complex , but I am in no way a software expert. Must take the time to read ALL of the Manual !
My system is running mach4 on Vista 32 bit and a Chinese temporary control Board and now runs OK with the occasional problem  - mostly with limits and Homing,  I have actually done some minor cutting.
Thanks for your Time and effort - I think it is worth more than the ZERO dollars you are asking !

Dougie

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 04:15:10 AM »
Hi Scott,
re.( MAD4Mach Install V1-2.zip )

Is there a 32bit version available?
Tell me if I am wrong; but it appears that the installer is a 64bit version...
Thanks again for your tireless work.

Best regards Charles

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 07:48:56 AM »
Syilx2,

Please forgive this silly statement by me, but..  The "Installer" is not really a traditional installer, that modifies the registry and all that. Really, all the "exe" does, is copy-paste the files you need
to run MAD to the correct place in your Mach4Hobby install directory.

The "Release" version of the exe in 1-2, is targeted at "mixed platforms", so it should run on 32, or 64 bit platforms equally well.  Try it and tell me your results if you don't mind.

Scott
fun times
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 03:56:32 AM »
Scott,

err.. ok... the .exe will not run on my 32bit XP box.. and win7 identifies it as 64bit - if you click and view its properties
Hope this helps.

Charles