Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:02:56 AM

Author Topic: Heeeeeeeelllllpppp  (Read 5293 times)

Re: Heeeeeeeelllllpppp
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »
Found the scale and it set @ 1.
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 02:16:16 PM »
Hi all,

Ok, first of all, yes i read the manual (very badly translated chinese !!) and followed the instructions to the letter.

Mike, thanks for the offer of help.  I have a 3040Z router and engraving machine from China (yes, i know ..... bad move maybe, but funds are slightly limited) So far, I have installed the mach 3 software from to link provided to me from the supplier. Opened the "mach 3 mill" screens (as indicated). Turned it all on and hit the tab button (as instructed) to reveal a sub screen which should allow me to manually engage the motors (just to see if the thing worked). I got nothing !!!!! The screen comes alight with the x and y axis showing that my machine should be moving around, but machine stays quiet as a mouse (apart from the cooling fan !!)
But
When i open the "mach 3 turning" screen, i got an operational z axis and nothing else.
The installation sheet indicates a 3040Z/6040Z mach 3 software requirement.

Been away from CNC machines for a few years (prevously a Bridgeport cnc mill setter in a past life !!) But thought i would give this a go as a bit of a hobby which is why a may sound a little "green" at this.

Had another session at banging my head into a wall this evening trying different sorts of things but still get all of the above.

Looking forward to any help and advice offered.

Dan
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 02:21:08 PM »
I think you problem is with v carve settings i am not up on v carve as i use sharp cam and turbo cad i will get a friend who is good with it to try and get you an answer

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 02:22:30 PM »
Thanks Mike
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 02:31:37 PM »
LostInTranslation  did you get the message i sent you about calling me
Mike Irvin
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
No, But I can call.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2014, 02:58:20 PM »
@ Mike; Sorry realized that wasn't for me.
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2014, 04:11:09 PM »
Send me the v carve drawing file for the circle you are trying to cut  i will forward it to my friend and he will look at it
Mike Irvin