Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:01:16 PM

Author Topic: PoMPG problem to configure in Mach3  (Read 8238 times)

PoMPG problem to configure in Mach3
« on: September 14, 2014, 06:52:04 PM »
Hello I've bought all things from Polabs and i'm going to configure all, The Pokeys56U for first in my JOG Pendant.

I have configured all : Feed override with an encoder, display, buttons

But my PoMPG don't work!

I have connected a rotary switch 5 positions, to switch axis in MPG, 4 position are connected and one is for OFF. Each position is connected to a pin, plus GND and each pin is configured in Mach3 to enable an axle.

The encoder is connected at pins 1 (A) and 2 (B) , the VCC at 5+ and V0 at GND.

I have configured the encoder in MPG page and it works (i have tested it in pokeys software also)

The encoder config is set to pin 1 and 2 and the button enabled is OEM 101

I open with TABS the MPG, i turn on SHUTTLE, but i can't select good way axis ( I mean, when i move on X, Z is selected, and when i turn the encoder it go in X, I switch on Y and it come on Z again, i turn encoder and Y is selected) and when i rotate the encoder nothing happens, the head don't move!
Sometime when i turn it around i see axes leds switch X-Y, X-Y . It looks like what happens when i test it in I/O

The plugin is the last and the firmware same

Where i wrong?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:54:41 PM by progress »

Offline NeoTO

•  504 504
    • View Profile
    • PoLabs
Re: PoMPG problem to configure in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:13 AM »
Unfortunately, Shuttle mode is not supported. PoLabs hasn't received any information from Artsoft on how to implement support for it.
Use normal MPG mode for jogging.

edit: in other topic you are mentioning you are using UC100... is this true here also? Mach3 has very basic MPG jogging support that does not work properly. Does UC100 have its own MPG jogging procedures?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:09:17 AM by NeoTO »
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 02:39:12 AM »
as i wrote in the other post, I use UC100 to connect my laptop (it have not a parallel port) to a control board with the parallel port.
It work very well, I never had a problem.
The parallel board control 4 external driver CW8060

I have also a Contour Shuttlexpress and it work fine, I can control axis and jog with it.

Now i have Pokey56U and I have assembled a Jog pendant.

Once the encoder worked, but now I'm not able to use it again... I spin it but don't work.

Why? I have the same hardware and configuration of your Pokeypendant and the Pokeys56U

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:19:06 AM »
maybe i need change something in port & pins? I think not because i don't use MPG on a parallel port but through Pokeys56U and USB.
right?
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 04:28:49 PM »
I'm going mad.... I have checked in port & pins the MPG and now work.... work is a big word to say!!

When I move the encoder PoMPG axis move....yes but don't stop! And when i spin around the MPG in the MPG page X ad Y blinking alternately like they are connected to channel A and B of the encoder.
I have disconnected the multi switch who select axis to see if it work wrong, but is always the same!!

I tryied all....but i think is a bug in the last plugin!!    please help me before i trash all!!  >:D

There a video on youtube where i show what happend, the mode of MPG is set in velocity not in step mode.
http://youtu.be/yacRByHJXEc
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 06:47:39 AM »
I have had the same issue. The only way I could resolve it was to delete all the setting in the Pokeys and re-enter them. Once I got it all working I exported the settings to a file so I didnt have to add them in again. While playing with other switches/wiring and programming it randomly does the same strange movements and I am still to work out what is causing it.
Im in the middle of a MAJOR rebuild of the machine at the moment so have not been able experiment more.
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:30 AM »
Yes but now I've that during this problem some things that at start working, after 10 minute of tests don't work properly.
I mean, at start of Mach3 all works good, display, zero axis buttons, etc. , after 10 min of test with MPG to try to set it, the display show a not correct coordinates, different from mach3 Dro, and zero buttons don't work.

I will try to delete all and start so set it again from zero.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 08:05:52 AM »
Try to delete the settings and follow the "PoKeys Pulse engine v2 and Mach3 plugin manual".
If you only use MPG look at the encoder and MPG sections, if you also use multiposition switch to select axis or step resolution look at the Pendant section on how to setup those.
Also try to invert switch inputs in plugin if it does not work.
Make sure you have Pulse engine disabled. First select PoKeys as your motion controller and disable pulse engine in plugin. Then restart Mach3 and select your motion controller.
I have had problems if the pulse engine was enabled in PoKeys plugin.
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 07:00:52 PM »
@jure, I did as you suggested...  :D

Now MPG works great!! I deleted all config in the pokeys56U and i rewrite all one by one!

I don't know what had happend, I wrote same configuration.

Now I have only problem with the 2 joystick, they don't like stand still!! I put in deadband incremental value from 200 to 2000, but it still move...slowww but it move!!  :'(
I tried to change joystick, but I have same result.. maybe is better remove them from pendant!

If someone know how ti fix it is welcome!!  :D

I leave a picture of my pendant and the video of the test (forgive me about the tape, but I have not finished the prototype)

http://youtu.be/_MByro4CD58

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2014, 02:27:29 AM »
In the manual mentioned earlier there is also a "Analog inputs" section. First I recommend you to check the connections, then calibrate the joystick as mentioned in the manual (it is very simple).
If you look at the analog inputs page of the plugin you can see the voltage measured (it will probably be changing a bit and that causes your axes to move).
To compensate for that start with about 500 in "Deadband" window and than you can lower it. This will remove unwanted jogging as described in the manual.