Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:24:39 AM

Author Topic: Rutex and Mach3 problem  (Read 4867 times)

Rutex and Mach3 problem
« on: March 27, 2007, 07:10:11 PM »
I have a Campbell board interfaced with a Rutex step and dir to analog conversion board controlling a Yaskawa amp and motor.  The Rutex does great with their tuning software so I think that side of the hardware is working properly.  When I try to control the motor with Mach3 tuning program, the Rutex does not put out any analog voltage despite a proper step and dir signal being input to the  Rutex from the Campbell as seen on an oscilloscope.  I think everything else is set up properly in Mach 3 and the system will control the 2 stepper motors in the system fine.  There is something I am not doing correctly but I can't see what it might be.  Any ideas as to what to check?

Thanks
Keith Clark
Re: Rutex and Mach3 problem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:14:52 AM »
Keith,
Good to hear that you have the Motors just about running! If you are getting the pulses to the Rutex boards it is not a software problem :(  I think that you will find it is a problem from the BOB to the Rutex board. I would check to see that you have the jumper on the BOB set to Com ground and Not 5V (Just an Idea).

Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think you are on the right track but so far grounding changes have not made a difference.  Mr Rutex thinks I need to ground to the Campbell board as well.  I still get good step pulses that look clean and the correct levels.  I have tried switching the BOB with the jumper so that com is 0, connected to PC ground and to the limit switch ground but no joy.  Any other ideas?

Thanks
Keith
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 08:57:31 AM »
Tell us if the ground gets your motor running :)

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 09:23:32 AM »
Brian,

I am not making any progress.  I have tried multiple points to ground the Rutex to the breakout board and nothing makes any difference.  I still see good step pulse from the breakout board but the Rutex is putting out wild swings of + and -10 volts with some motor drifting but no real meaningful movement.  It could be that the Rutex is in SPI mode.  Currently the SPI terminal is at +5 volts but I don't know if that means STEPPER or SPI mode.  I am trying to figure out how to safely drop the SPI terminal to 0 to see it that changes anything.  Any other ideas?

Thanks
Keith
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »
Sounds to me like that board is not working at all... I have never used them so i am no help...
I talked to Dave from CNCTeknix and you can use there cpu board to run a +/-10v amp. I talked to Stig and he will be ordering some drives to have them here in the states and I could get one for you if you like.

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 03:59:37 PM »
Thanks Brian, I guess I am giving up on the Rutex...

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 04:13:07 PM »
Hi, Keith

I've used the rutex Boards sending you a Personal msg.

Chip
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 04:35:11 PM »
Did you ever get the problem resolved?  I'm thinking of going with Rutex for my retrofit and would like to know if you gave up on them or found the issue.  Thanks...
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 05:24:09 PM »
Radioactive,

I did not get the Rutex to work and returned them but did have good luck with the Skyko Pixie board that is no longer being made.  I think Rutex is back making theirs but I could never get it to work.  Good luck.