Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:25:47 PM

Author Topic: Phone Support Request  (Read 13618 times)

Phone Support Request
« on: September 04, 2014, 06:11:58 PM »
We would like to arrange some one on one phone support to get our Mini CNC Engraving machine connected to Mach 3.  We've already spent quite a few hours ourselves and made no progress.  We are having trouble getting communication through the parallel port and the Driver Test software always just errors with "No Driver Sensed installed.  Run DriverTest".  The machine is Windows 7 64 Bit and it is a PCI Parallel expansion.

My email address is engineering@nymic.co.nz and I understand you will email me with a phone number and time when I may call an expert.  We are in New Zealand so obviously the timezone may be an issue.

Thanks
Greig
Re: Phone Support Request
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:25:27 PM »
Mach3 is a 32 bit system program, unless you are using an external motion controller.

Quote from web site.

Software Requirements
Mach3 Minimum Recommended Requirements:

*Use of Parallel Port for machine control only on 32-bit versions of windows.
32-bit Desktop – Parallel Port Requirements

32-bit version of Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
    1Ghz CPU
    512MB RAM
    Non-integrated Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or higher)

Laptop, 32 or 64-bit Desktop – External Motion Controller Only

An appropriate external motion controller (options can be found on the Plugins page)
    Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
    1Ghz CPU
    512MB RAM
    Video Card with 32MB RAM(Large G-code files, especially 3D files will require a video card with 512MB RAM or highe