Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:17:46 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 and external motion controller  (Read 3796 times)

Mach3 and external motion controller
« on: September 03, 2014, 10:28:48 AM »
Are there any external motion controllers available that do not display the feedhold / feed override lag.
Just sent my uc100 back for a refund due to a 2.5sec delay after pressing feedhold or feed override buttons. :(
I know this is because of the communication buffer length emptying.
So is there anything else that does not display this problem??
Re: Mach3 and external motion controller
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 10:30:42 AM »
KFlop will do instantaneous feed hold, at least if it's triggered directly through the KFlop itself, rather than through Mach3.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »
Hmmmmm

Is that the only one?
A little expensive????

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 06:42:27 PM »
The issue is anything that relies on Mach3 to handle an input, is going to have a delay while buffers get emptied.

KFlop is the only interface I know of that can interupt that delay, as it can be programmed so it directly responds to an input change, and not rely on having to notify Mach an input has changed then wait for Mach to decide to do something about the change and add it to yet another buffer.

From what's been mentioned so far, Mach4 will respond far quicker, but I think it will still depend on how individual plugins are programmed.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 03:41:45 AM »
I believe the SmoothStepper can also do that if you choose the option in the plugin, bust best check with Greg first to make sure as I do not use the latest plugin.

On my machines I dont use FeedHold as such as I have an external Feed Override pot that I use instead.

Hood