Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:36:07 AM

Author Topic: Machine/File Runs faster than normal/Machine jerks  (Read 1779 times)

Machine/File Runs faster than normal/Machine jerks
« on: September 02, 2014, 06:52:34 AM »
Hey guys,

So I have a few CNC routers where I run the same files.  All use Mach3, all are the same brand of router, all use copies of the exact same files.  Last week I had one machine running a file in 8:55 where the same file being run on another machine was running in 11:55.  The machine with the faster run time was really jerking around pretty hard.  When I slowed it down to 70% feed rate, it was getting about the same run time as the other machine.  The jerking was still present, but slower.  It really had an effect on carving quality as we do V carving of signs.  I'm wondering what would cause a machine to start acting that way.  I swapped the computer out with a different computer and it seems to be back to running normal again.  So what in the computer could be causing it to act like that?  Could it be a bad CMOS battery?  That's my only theory.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine/File Runs faster than normal/Machine jerks
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:50:18 AM »
My first thought was that you had the accel set higher on that machine but if changing computer is the only thing that makes a difference then it can not be that, assuming of course you have used the same xml?
I am assuming you are using the parallel port, if so then have a look on the diagnostics page and see if the frequency is stable and very close to the kernel you have set.

Hood