Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:23:49 AM

Author Topic: I had something for a minute...  (Read 3551 times)

I had something for a minute...
« on: August 31, 2014, 04:55:54 PM »
Ok, I hav a maxNC mill.  I have mach3
I have followed the steps start to finish and I at first had a run away spindle that would not do anything but run at max speed.
then I have some control after setting port to ECP
Then I rebooted and now I cant even get the steppers to job.
Now I have no motion no matter what I do.
WTF am I doing wrong?
Or should I just dump it all in the trash?
I am usually not impatient but when I do everything as per steps and get no joy I think I am about at my end.
It's been a week or so and so far I have had nothing but frustration.
How is it some people open the box, install the hardware and are running first thing?
What am I doing wrong?
What am I missing?  
I am going to uninstall the program and then reinstall and start over tonight.
Take it from step one all over again.
If this doesn't work out I am lost.  I have no idea what to do.
I know I cant be that unlucky to have a bad mill and controller.
Someone please at least tell me something.  Can I really be that big of an idiot?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: I had something for a minute...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:58:05 AM »
Just a suggestion and perhaps the first thing to check - go into Win. Device manager and check the address of your LPT port then check you have entered this address into Mach3 / Config / Ports and pins for Port #1 and that the port is enabled.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
Thanks for responding.  No, I had already made sure the address was posted into mach and it is.  I haven't worked on it at all today.  been on the cycle all day.
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 08:46:18 PM »
So far  I have nothing working.
I guess I need to go back to using the DOS software that it came with.  I cant get Mach3 to do anything.  $175 down the toilet...

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 02:34:13 AM »
So far  I have nothing working.
I guess I need to go back to using the DOS software that it came with.  I cant get Mach3 to do anything.  $175 down the toilet...

Are you really going to quit that easily ?? 

I certainly wouldn't - many things beat me for a while but I always get the better of them in the end (particularly if I have spent $175)  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 03:29:19 AM »
I guess I am not really quitting.
Not exactally.

I am going to keep looking for help on getting this thing to work.

I can hook up a switch to make the spindle power up and use it manually until then
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »
Ok so I did a lot more googling all day.  Found a document totally by accident.  It has me working to a point.  I try to run the .TAP code that comes with MAch3 and get basically no where.  a couple of the files actually act like it wants to cut but it stops (with or with out a tool in the collate and free of the work piece)
I need to get my other software up and running to make a few basic shapes and see if that is the issue.

Still aggravated but at a much lower level.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 06:52:06 AM »
Note to all maxnc 10 open loop mill owners wanting to use mach3.  Do NOT select maxnc open loop setting on the setup screen.  If you have a controller board that is a B or higher (number is on the lower left of your controller board) use the CLOSED LOOP selection!
I tried searching for help with the forums search tool but got nothing.  It took google to find it HERE..lol

Anyhow things are hopeful!