Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:08:17 AM

Author Topic: version 59 and 60  (Read 6716 times)

version 59 and 60
« on: March 26, 2007, 11:02:03 AM »
Hi,

I gave few trials of 59 and 60 versions. I had the same issue with both of them. If the file is bigger that 500K in the midlle of running the machine is skipping steps. It does not matter with what program I have generated the path. I have tried Vcarve and Sheetcam. I do not understand why. Also, for me is not clear the Shutle Wheel Settings and how this is connected with backlash. Could someone help me, please?

Zoltan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: version 59 and 60
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 11:07:44 AM »
Hey Zoltan,
    Give us more detail about the backlash and shuttle wheel question. What is it doing, not doing?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:06:47 PM »
Hi,

Actually, I do not know how to do the setting. If I make the backlash active and I am not changing the value of shutle wheel acceleration the machine is oscillating when it reverses. I have changed arbitraly the value until the oscilating starting-slowing down-accelerating-speed..etc disapered, or I just set up a value of 0.0001. I do not know anything about this setting, and found out nothing also. I read on the version history a short note about changing this setting. The note was, if I remember corectly on version 51.

Zoltan

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »
Hey Zoltan,
    Tell us about your machine. Does it have servos, or steppers? Are sending any kind of position feed back, encoders, glass scales? If you disable backlash comp. does it run the code fine? Are you using the demo version or have you bought a licenses?

Brett

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »
Also how's your driver test look?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 03:30:16 PM »
Hi,

I did not make any driver test, yet, but until now I had no problems. I am running Quantum on the same computer, nothing else, and it works extremely well. The computer is Dell 1.7Ghz with 512M memory and 20G hard. The machine has 6.8Nm stepper motors on all axis with ballscrews. The drivers are Geko. Yes, if the backslah is not active the machine is not oscillating, but I did not run the files w/o backlash to see if the skipping happens again. When I run first time I have run on  sheet of Komacel and I have ruined it. It is very expensive here, at least for me. Afterwards I have run different files on some foam pieces with backlash.

Zoltan
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 03:35:01 PM »
Yes, I forgot. I have a license for Mach3 and one for Lazycam Pro. They are on my wife's name as the payment was done from her card..she knew and knows.

Zoltan
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 04:43:58 PM »
I have run w/o backlash, and the same issue, but only if the program is bigger than 500K. Any explanation/help?

Thank you.

Zoltan
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 04:46:06 PM »
And, sorry for not asking in previous post, could someone tell me where I can find out information about shutle wheel acceleration/decelaration setting?

Thank you,

Zolt

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 04:54:33 PM »
Zolt,
   Have you ran the driver test? How does it look?

Brett