Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:39:30 AM

Author Topic: 1st pierce is longer...  (Read 22426 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: 1st pierce is longer...
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 11:58:25 AM »
Time to post your xml, gcode (shortest sample that shows the problem), M3 & M5 macros and Mach version I think Dave.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 02:32:29 PM »
Time to post your xml, gcode (shortest sample that shows the problem), M3 & M5 macros and Mach version I think Dave.

Thanks but they are already up, post 4 on page 1.

I've tried altering the macros to activate signal instead of do spin but that seemed to upset other parts of the code and wierd things started happening like dragging the torch because it missed the z retract.

I have now changed the THC to a more professional system so it's not that.

I know it's not critical but it's damn annoying, there must be a reason.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2014, 03:56:06 AM »
The code you posted in #5 is NOT the same as you describe in post #19 and you're wrong (IMHO) to dismiss arcok as being of no relevance. You didn't post M5 and you've changed them to who knows what now. You haven't said which Mach version you're using. I'll leave you to it

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2014, 07:02:24 AM »
What?
I can't see ANY posts from arcok in this thread, how did I dismiss anyone as being irrelevant?
The first part of that code is the drill op that highlights the issue.

I will post a cutdown version in a minute that holds just the drill op.

I am on v067 of mach and the m03/4/5 macros are now back to bog-standard dospin ones, as I said I tried the activate output version but did not work so reverted back to the factory codes.

I can't see how I've been offensive or dismissive to anyone in this or other threads, I'm just a frustrated user that's all, my apologies if it seems I have been short with anyone.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2014, 07:15:47 AM »
Code attached for the drill op only, 1st strike is always longer by about 4-5 times the duration

As i said, M macros are all back to standard and I'm running V067 as its the only one recommended by CandCNC.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2014, 07:41:13 AM »
What?
I can't see ANY posts from arcok in this thread, how did I dismiss anyone as being irrelevant?
I can't see how I've been offensive or dismissive to anyone in this or other threads, I'm just a frustrated user that's all, my apologies if it seems I have been short with anyone.

;D ;D ;D

Have you had your coffee yet this morning Dave? "arcok" is not a person - it's a signal from your plasma cutter. I was commenting on your statement...

Arc-ok does not come into it as there is no torch movement

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2014, 07:53:13 AM »
D'oh!, what an idiot :)

Yes I had coffee, maybe not enough;)

Anyways, I still don't see what arc ok can do if the torch just fires and stops, I thought arc ok would only be relevant before a torch move?

This new system is a proper current monitoring arc ok signal so should be accurate, it's passed all the tests recommended by CandCNC anyway.

If there is some test I can do to narrow things down I will do it, but the delay seems to be the same if I'm doing a series of quick bursts or a series of long cuts, the first activation is longer.

Thanks

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 08:46:49 AM »
OK - take a look at your 6 "drills" in the code you just posted. It's not only the first that takes longer it's also the 5th...

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 09:18:24 AM »
Is it the F1000 at the end of the line between the m3 & m05 ??

I guessed that was just setting a feed rate but as there was no feed, it did nothing?

If it's not that then what?

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2014, 11:20:28 AM »
Is it the F1000 at the end of the line between the m3 & m05 ??

It is.

I guessed that was just setting a feed rate but as there was no feed, it did nothing?

It takes time for the interpreter to process the line. There's more to interpret so it takes longer - doesn't matter that no movement results (in this case because of the axis already being at z=3).

So what's the result of making them all the same? Do you get consistent timings now?

Now back to arcok. It's important REGARDLESS of whether you're using THC or not.

Consider your...

G00 Z3.0000
M03
G01 Z3.0000 F1000.0
M05

(With or without the in-line feedrate). The TIME your torch is actually cutting (piercing, "drill marking", whatever) is totally in the lap of the gods. You have NO idea when it transfers from pilot to cut arc. You're just hoping/assuming that it does what you want. You may want to give your SCAM POST a lookat.