Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:52:57 AM

Author Topic: Charge pump  (Read 11994 times)

Charge pump
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:20:55 PM »
How can I implement the charge pump or watch dog?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:15:34 PM by Vital System Support »
Re: Charge pump
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 10:33:32 PM »
HiCON motion controller has internal watch dog that monitors the Ethernet connection with mach3/mach4, and disables the digital outputs and steppers if connection is lost. 

hope this helps.

regards,

VSI support
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »
I am about to use my first Hicon Controller.  I have always used the Ethernet Smooth Stepper.  I've only used the Charge Pump 1 time on a machine and it worked very well.  On this new VMC we are retrofitting, I would like to have a charge pump for my relay outputs. 
Here is why.... We use a Physical Maintained switch to cut the common power to the relays, when Mach gets closed for any reason, it turns all of the outputs on. 
If I shut down Mach with the HiCON, will all of the outputs turn on?
Chad Byrd
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 01:58:06 PM »
Hello,

When the HiCON loses connection with Mach because Mach was shutdown or crashed, it will enter an error condition which triggers an automatic disarm and turn off all digital outputs and relay outputs.  So you really don't need a separate charge pump signal.

In case you need an output freely toggle all the time, with Mach4 you can implement the charge pump functionality via a PLC script that continuously pulses one of the Digital Outputs.

-Marc
Vital System Inc.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 02:05:54 PM by Vital System Support »