Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:47:46 AM

Author Topic: Sharing Mach 3 between two machines  (Read 3191 times)

Sharing Mach 3 between two machines
« on: August 08, 2014, 10:17:15 PM »
Hi there, this may already been discussed elsewhere, but here goes, I have built another mill machine and wish to run it on the same computer, is it possible to have two different set ups and how can it be done.

Regards
Nick  ???
Re: Sharing Mach 3 between two machines
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 12:30:53 PM »
Hi Nick,
if you want a new claen setup you can click " create profile " at  Mach startup and choose a name for the new profile
If the setup you need is similar to the existing profile, you can copy that by copying the XML file.
You find the xml configuration file in the Mach3 folder eg.  Mach3Mill.xml to Mach3Mill_1.xml
Next time you open Mach you see the new Profile witch you can use for the new setup.
hope that helps.
Alex

Offline B3030

•  25 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 01:58:01 PM »
Do you plan to use the same stepper drivers too?  Same BOBs?

I use the same computer, drivers, BOBs to operate two Sherline machines.  They both have the same type steppers mounted so the drivers do not have to be adjusted for different motor requirements.  I use a set of TYCO CPC connectors to plug in either the mill (and harness) or the lathe (and harness).  Just swap cables and open the appropriate Mach3 profile.

My system actually has a router I can swap out too, that uses the same type steppers.  Very modular set-up.

B3030
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 11:04:48 PM »
Yes I WILL BE USING TWO DIFFERENT SET UPS .. MOTORS AND bOb, SO I WILL SET IT UP AS A DIFFERENT MACHINE .  THANKS FOR YOU HELP 

nICK ;D
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »
Hi Nick,
if you want a new claen setup you can click " create profile " at  Mach startup and choose a name for the new profile
If the setup you need is similar to the existing profile, you can copy that by copying the XML file.
You find the xml configuration file in the Mach3 folder eg.  Mach3Mill.xml to Mach3Mill_1.xml
Next time you open Mach you see the new Profile witch you can use for the new setup.
hope that helps.
Alex

tHANKS CNCALEX, I WILL DO A CLEAN SET UP,

REGARDS
NICK