Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:55:13 AM

Author Topic: Turning off THC and manually controlling "Z"???  (Read 2600 times)

Turning off THC and manually controlling "Z"???
« on: August 07, 2014, 11:19:37 AM »
Im just wondering if there is a way in Mach 3 to turn the THC off and manually control the "Z" while running a G-code???

I'm using thin sheet metal that is pretty warped and just want to control it on my own!
Re: Turning off THC and manually controlling "Z"???
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »
ii have the thc signals going to a dpdt relay.on the NC side of the relay are the signal wires to the thc. on the NO side are wires from a simple gaming joystick that uses switches. the common go to your breakout board to what ever your inputs are. switch the relay and the joystick will function as the thc. i  switch it with a spare relay on the breakout board. then i have a button on the mach screen to turn off and on. can also turn off thc and turn back on during a gcode run as i have thc off as m8 and thc on as m9.
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
I too would love to be able to control tip height for the same reason, cutting this stuff that moves as parts are cut, thc is not fast enough to
stay off the plate, how tofix this, turn it off works part of the time, but stil have trouble too high or too low

Offline Val

•  10 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:41:07 AM »
Does anybody know the Mach3 codes for THC on and THC off? Are there such codes?