Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:37:54 PM

Author Topic: Mach4 Hobby license install issue and solution........  (Read 11588 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Mach4 Hobby license install issue and solution........
« on: August 01, 2014, 07:09:09 PM »
The email with your lic. gives these directions:

"Once unzipped, please do not try to *open* the license files.

PLEASE NOTE:  If you purchased licenses for other programs, such as Mach3, the Mach3 addons, or LazyCam, you will receive them in a separate email.

To properly load PC ID licensed products:

1) Save it to some location on the PC that you registered (the Desktop is a good choice)
2) Open the Mill Wizard or Mach4(if using Win 7 or Win 8, right-click on the shortcut icon and choose "Run As Administrator" from the menu)
3) Click on Help> About in the menu bar
4) Click the "Load License File" button on the About screenn5) Browse to the license file and Open it
6) Close and re-open the About screen to check that the license is properly loaded - it should say "Licensed Copy" above the box with the PC ID."

#6). above should read, Close and re-open MACH4 for you to be able to see your lic. just opening and closing the About screen does not do it.....

Scott
fun times

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Mach4 Hobby license install issue and solution........
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 08:59:46 PM »
After I purchased the license, I downloaded the most current version of Mill Wizard.  Now the PC ID changed and my license does not work.  What next?

Vince
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 11:27:05 PM »
Same here and I also get a error. mcLua.mcc couldn't be removed (error0: the operation completed successfully) Guess Brian will be burning the midnight oil. No need to hurry on my part my mill isn't ready yet.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:26 PM »
Also the license file was looking for a dat file and only a txt file was emailed.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 12:58:06 PM »
Also tried to load the license file into Mach4 and would not work (downloaded and installed yesterday) It unzipped as .txt file and application was expecting .dat file. tried .txt file and if failed. Renamed .dat and also failed. Running Windows 8.1 Pro on controller PC. Tried unzip from Win 7 and also was a text file.
No hurry since all I have done is the computer part but hope this gets resolved soon.
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
Support said to not worry about the .txt -.dat extension and just select "all files" in open dialogue and install. I made mistake on code I sent in. Support was fast in responding. Impressed.
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
Because my PC ID changed when I installed the latest version, it still didn't work even when I changed txt to dat. Didn't see any place on my profile to access a 2nd license.