Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:20:36 PM

Author Topic: tell mach3 over the LPT-Port the controller is busy.  (Read 2269 times)

tell mach3 over the LPT-Port the controller is busy.
« on: July 12, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »
Hello,

i'm more or less new to Mach3 CNC and using it with an WIN XP-PC and a to the LPT-Port connected DIY board for a very small 3D Printer. The connected motors are Stepper motors that are controlled through an impule for each step and the direction pin.

Unfortunately I experiencing one problem: Du to the machine setup, it would be very adventagorous to get the possibility to make the software wait as long as an certain input (for examplepin the BUSY PIN (11)) is set low (or high) before the next positioning impulses are given out. The Busy time may vary between an ms up to a minute.

I would be glad if someone could help me how to set it up, since I found nothing compareable in the user manual and in the forum

Thanks.

Best

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: tell mach3 over the LPT-Port the controller is busy.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 01:16:41 PM »
Write a macro and place that between each line of code that you are wishing Mach to wait.
The macro would have something like a Do Loop in it so that if the input ios not seen it will just loop until it does see, once seen the macro will finish and the code will continue.
Hood