Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:42:10 PM

Author Topic: xyz jog well but go crazy during run or return home  (Read 4321 times)

xyz jog well but go crazy during run or return home
« on: June 29, 2014, 08:51:46 PM »
I can move jog my xyz  manually no problem all over the table. Out of the blue the motors don't seem synced, when I start a job the gantry just goes crazy and settles down at a random point and starts the job. It can never return to home, it tries but it starts to jump back and forth misses steps and assumes it is where it needs to be. This system worked flawlessly days ago, weeks ago and months ago.

I checked the drivers, the encoders and anything else, but I can not find an issue. Could this be solved in Mach3?
Re: xyz jog well but go crazy during run or return home
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
Just to be clear I can still manually jog to any point before and after job. Just during a job it trips, stumbles, and falls. Also can never return to home using mach3.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,197 9,197
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 06:44:16 AM »
It is usual for jogging to be set at a reduced rate (typically 80% of maximum) which may explain your problem.

Try reducing your Velocity and Acceleration (in motor tuning) by at least 20% and see if this cures or reduces the issue you are experiencing.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 09:33:10 AM »
Thank you. This seems to have reduced or fixed the problem. May drop it to 25%.