Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:54:36 PM

Author Topic: Laser Tool Micrometer and 20w Laser engraver  (Read 4184 times)

Laser Tool Micrometer and 20w Laser engraver
« on: June 29, 2014, 02:27:41 PM »
This has been an interesting machine, I'm using Mach3 to tie together 2 Industrial devices.
The First Device is a laser diameter micrometer, the Z-mike 4050g. Its very similar to an optical comparator in it passes light between a transmitter and receiver.
Then it can locate the edges of what is missing (aka your tool), unbelievably repeatable 0.000001 accuracy but one needs a fixture to make it useful for any multiple step measuring.
The other device is a Tymka Vereo 20w 1070nm Fiber laser, now it has its own built in mirror motion, drawing software, etc. but mach will help rotating, fine locating and part handling.
Now for the good part.

Started with one of those little china ball screw desktop routers, Think it saved a bit as far as the gantry, ball screws, etc.
And My customized Mach3 screens

Lots of head banging trying to get usable data out of GetFiFoEntry, the Z-mike send 3-4 different lines in no perfect order and GetFiFoEntry fetches 1 at a time... I finally got a multistep IF...THEN...ELSE to work the buffer until it reads the value. The Z-mike accepts purl commands so I have mach using SendFiFo to Clear, Start and SendDATA automatically.
Function but still a work in progress.