Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:18:38 AM

Author Topic: USB S.S. Driver Accumulation Errors?  (Read 3313 times)

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
USB S.S. Driver Accumulation Errors?
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:39:40 AM »
I've, throughout my possession of the USB S.S. have had so many problems with the driver. For some time I had it running well but recently that has changed. I've tried all the drivers past and present. Early on, noise was a problem but I 'choked' that well.
Now, I can run my machine for a bit but at some point I get a driver error. So what I do is cut for a while and then close down Mach and restart and usually I make it in time before an error and continue on this way which as you can imagine is a pain.
So I'm wondering, since all I have to do is keep re-starting Mach, is this error something that happens because of an accumulation of data somewhere?
I think often the message is something like: driver error , expected *this many* bytes but received *this many bytes*.
-Keith

Offline Keith

•  187 187
    • View Profile
Re: USB S.S. Driver Accumulation Errors?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 08:06:47 AM »

Turns out, all of my problems are Window based; not SS's. I was told I needn't optimize Windows (the way I did with the parallel port using Mach3. I did some turning off of Windows behind the scenes stuff and SS is running all day without a hiccup.-Keith

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: USB S.S. Driver Accumulation Errors?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:31:36 AM »
Hi Keith,

I am pleased that you found a solution.  :)

Thank you for posting the information as I am sure this will be of assistance to others that follow.

Tweakie.
PEACE